Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I found a few free minutes before I finish packing :) Work has been quieter this week, which has been very much needed after the craziness of last week. I had hoped to get more settled around here before I left but it didn't happen. I have a feeling Jason'll be plenty bored around here so I wouldn't be surprised if he does some more unpacking. I'll only be gone 4 days but we don't spend a lot of nights apart..we're kind of adorable like that :P

Lynne-oh man, that is seriously awful! It makes me wonder if that happens here..I'm sure it does. I already love to shop locally for as much as I can, especially produce and plants. We got great plants for the garden at the farmers market last weekend :) Having too much work is a blessing and a curse isn't it?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

*sigh* A lady with a 130,000 word manuscript, who asked me about editing, has come back and said she wants me to go ahead with it. That means I now have two manuscripts to do, one of 39,000 words and one of 130,000. I thought she might go elsewhere when I told her I don't think I can get started on it for three weeks, but I'm cheap and a manuscript that size will be expensive to do by anyone. The money's good, sure, but I've already decided that I'm going to say no to any more private editing work for the foreseeable future. I've been doing so well with it I honestly don't need the money at the moment!

Sarah - I'm glad that work's been quieter for you. That must be a help. Yes, the situation with the farmers is severe, and you're right, it probably happens over there too. Fortunately, people over here seem to have finally got the message. Apparently supermarket brand milk is not selling at all at the moment.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Work sucked yesterday, with my boss getting frustrated when I'd made a couple of mistakes. They were fixable, and the task they were in is confusing and complex and I've only done it a couple of times thus far. I'm trying so hard.

I've also had to find a new route to walk my dog, as there are too many dogs regularly roaming free in one of the streets where I walk. I could have done without that. At least the woman with the big edit hasn't come back to us yet!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Sorry for my absence everyone, I've been so busy!

Tulsa was incredible, such a cool experience! The trip wasn't exactly restful so I spent a lot of last week just trying to catch my breath and get back into a routine. Thankfully we had a holiday this weekend, Memorial Day, where we honor our fallen veterans, and my boss was able to re-arrange the schedule so we were able to take it off. I feel like we're finally getting unpacked and settled into the house, which is such a relief.

Now it's just about settling into life again and look forward to what's next for us around here :)

Lynne-Do the other dogs try to attack Harry while you walk? Rolph just thinks they're all friends but if they're not friendly, that can be a real problem. How's work going now?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I've changed my dog walking route, so things have improved. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet, although this week I've had to edit one of the worst manuscripts I've ever done. I have to send it back to the guy today. *sigh* I hope he takes it well.

Sarah - Glad you had a good time in Tulsa. :) The dogs were approaching Harry and causing trouble while we were walking, yes. One was friendly, the other two were not.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Sure is quiet around here!!

Work has been busy, as usual, and Jason and I are getting ready to head to Alaska on Sunday! It's a seven night cruise with several stops in Southeast Alaska, which is incredible. I know I just got back from Tulsa but I'm already tired! That trip wasn't exactly restful, it was super busy and fun, but not restful so it'll be good to have a quiet trip! After we get back my sister comes to visit with my niece which should be fun :)

Lynne-oh that's frustrating. How is work going?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work's quiet at the moment, now that I've finished all the editing jobs I had lined up. I don't even have any in my private editing work at the moment. That's fine - I needed the break - but I could do with another one at work.

After I sent that edit to my customer, I worried all day about what he'd say. Do you know what he said? 'Why do you charge so little? Look at all the work you've done!' Definitely not the response I was expecting. It was nice. :D

Sarah - I'd love to go on a cruise to Alaska. You know, my sister-in-law and her husband have recently signed up to be the entertainment on an Alaskan cruise. They're magicians. I'm not sure when they're going or who they're going with, and I don't think it's for a few weeks, but if you go on another one sometime, you might see them.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today I ran errands and hung out with my Mom and then now I'm packing and getting ready for our trip. It should be amazing, just worried about how Peeta kitty will do with the friend that's checking on him. He's not really friendly but hopefully it all goes well. I won't be around here, as I didn't pay for cruise wifi, but I'll check in on FB when we're in port. I'm thinking about downloading TW and NM to my Kindle to read..since this time of year is when I first read the Saga six years ago, I always get nostalgic :)

Lynne-Oh wow, that is so cool! What a fun experience for them! Glad you're having a nice little break!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

It's back to work today after the first quiet weekend I've had in a while. It was good. We got a lot done on Saturday, and on Sunday we went for a walk down by the water and went to a creative market there, before going to my in-laws' for dinner. So that was nice.

I'm hoping I get an editing job at work this week, preferably one I can finish within two weeks, as school holidays start in two weeks' time and I'm worried that I'll get an editing job the day before it starts! It would be nice to have things done or mostly done before the holidays.

Sarah - yes, they should have a good time on their cruise and I hope you enjoy yours. :)