General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by ShadowNIN »

BlueStarlight wrote:Shadow- that's right. I did the same thing, too! I was reading it so fast wondering when Edward would come back, that I had to read it again. I, too, missed several details my first go-around.
Forgiven- I'm glad you decided to read it!!!
LOL!! That's why I like re-reading the saga. I keep discovering little parts of the story that I missed. That and I get to go back to that world and "see" Edward again. ::sigh::
ImageImage
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I'd say... the moment when I realized all the women are scorned or beaten or hurt by men:

Leah- left in the dust by Sam.
Emily- almost killed by Sam.
Rosalie- beaten and implied rape by her ex-fiancee.
Bella- left by Edward, also bruised by him, bruised and forced into a kiss by Jacob, too.
Alice- forced to be changed by a man, because she was being chased for kill by another man.
Esme- abused by her husband.

Hmm... I think I've covered all the most important women. (In The Host, Mel and Wanda are also repeatedly beaten, hurt, or almost choked to death by three of the men in the book, two of which they are in love with).
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

Like most people I cried when Edward left Bella. I knew straight away when I began reading that section and I burst into tears aswell. A book has never made me cry before, but all of a sudden, it was like I was there with Bella, like I was feeling the pain too. I cried all through that part. And even now after Breaking Dawn, I was always scared he'd leave again.

that's one moment xD

Another was when Jacob kissed Bella, unlike some people I know, I wasn't angry at Jacob. At the moment he kissed her my heart stopped, again it was like I was there. Then afterwards I was like "FINALLY JACOB!" xD I was upset that Edward let it slip so easy, there should have been a tiny bit of confrontation, but I'm team Switzerland, so I thought it was awesome :)

the other moment

was when Bella died in Breaking Dawn. I'm not a child person, I know alot of people are but I really am not. I hated the idea of Bella being pregnant in the first place, the fact that the baby killed her, was hard to swallow. I thought it was a waste for Bella to die. I remember crying when it happened, plus it was all from Jacob's point of view and he loved her so much, it was impossible not to feel his pain. I was also upset because it meant Edward would be alone again, and he really didn't deserve that. But then she was revived, well sorta :P and it all ended perfectly xD

but yeah, Twilight Saga = first books to ever make me cry, and hopefully the last xD
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
she'sgotgoldeneyes
Settled in Forks

Post by she'sgotgoldeneyes »

in BD when jacob said that bella's body had no more "pull" for him, so she must be dead, i actually screamed out loud. my mom came into my room (at 3 in the morning, may i add) to ask me what was wrong, and i just held up the book. then i read as fast as possible, with tears in my eyes, until i found out she wasn't dead. after that, i put the book down until i stopped crying, then promptly restarted.
ImageImage
"Jacob Black, she's not coming back; La Push has come to shove""
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

she'sgotgoldeneyes wrote:in BD when jacob said that bella's body had no more "pull" for him, so she must be dead, i actually screamed out loud. my mom came into my room (at 3 in the morning, may i add) to ask me what was wrong, and i just held up the book. then i read as fast as possible, with tears in my eyes, until i found out she wasn't dead. after that, i put the book down until i stopped crying, then promptly restarted.
I Agree!!! I was SO PISSED at Jacob for saying those things, or rather thinking them!!! No wonder Edward kicked him out of the room!!!!
ImageImage
Love
Settled in Forks

Post by Love »

The Bella/Jacob kiss in ECLIPSE.

I was peeing in my pants. :lol:
Last edited by Love on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter.
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Love wrote:The Bella/Jacob kiss in New Moon.

you mean when they almost kissed in New Moon? that part i almost died bahaha
but if you're talking about when they finally DID kiss in Eclipse? I TOTALLY DIED ON THAT PART haha I'M TEAM SWITZERLAND!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Love
Settled in Forks

Post by Love »

mlola619 wrote:
Love wrote:The Bella/Jacob kiss in New Moon.

you mean when they almost kissed in New Moon? that part i almost died bahaha
but if you're talking about when they finally DID kiss in Eclipse? I TOTALLY DIED ON THAT PART haha I'M TEAM SWITZERLAND!!!

Oh :roll: I ment the Eclipse kiss. My bad

-Edits old post-
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter.
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

The heart-stopping moment for me was in New Moon when Edward left because Bella was just so empty. It made me so mad at Edward for leaving and it made me cry so much. Then right after that chapter (sorry don't remember the chapter name) where it shows the pages with just the months on them. That made me soooo depressed.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
BiteMeEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeEdward »

Gina wrote:Don’t worry. You’re human—your memory is no more than a sieve. Time heals all wounds for your kind.Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

I wanted to choke Edward.

When I read "The End" chapter in New Moon, I was near tears, but when I saw him say that, I really wanted to throw some holy water on him. How dare he think himself so forgettable to Bella? Just because she is a human makes her emotions count less?

From the moment their worlds collided, Bella's entire exsistance revolved around this consuming love for Edward. For him to think that time would make her forget? Being all super sensory counted for nothing at that moment, because he should have seen the pain on her face, and hear her heart shattering.
Yes, that was definetely the most nerve-wracking and heart-breaking part of a book I have ever read. I was so mad at Edward and I kep thinking "How could you DO that to Bella, tell her you love her and betray her like that?!". I was seriously crying and afterwords when the months pages came, I was so sad for Bella but also so mad at Edward for doing that to her. In my opinion, New Moon is basically nerve-wracking from Chapter 3 until Alice comes. Not when Bella is with Jacob, but when she is alone and has to hold herself together, that is really sad.