General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampbaseballgrl4
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by vampbaseballgrl4 »

Gina wrote:Don’t worry. You’re human—your memory is no more than a sieve. Time heals all wounds for your kind.Edward Cullen, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.71

I wanted to choke Edward.

When I read "The End" chapter in New Moon, I was near tears, but when I saw him say that, I really wanted to throw some holy water on him. How dare he think himself so forgettable to Bella? Just because she is a human makes her emotions count less?

From the moment their worlds collided, Bella's entire exsistance revolved around this consuming love for Edward. For him to think that time would make her forget? Being all super sensory counted for nothing at that moment, because he should have seen the pain on her face, and hear her heart shattering.
this was probably my least favorite part of the entire series... even when edward was fighting victoria, just about to step into the sun in Volterra, I wasn't as upset as this part. I mean I knew that Edward had to just be saying that... I mean since when are vampires so flippant? but still I could hardly read through the blurry eyes. I actually had to take a break after he left and breathe for a few. one of the things I didn't like the most is that Bella took it so "easily" when he was there... she had a mental break down, but she didn't yell and scream and try to tell him how wrong he was, and try to convince him to stay... she got much better at negotiating throughtout the rest of the seris.
I'm totally moving to Forks and asking the Cullens which room is mine? Edward has the cottage now... his sounds good.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^oh yes. that part...ugh. it completely tore me apart. i felt like i was bella. i couldn't get myself to believe that what had happened was fictional, because it all seemed so real. i must have spent an hour just crying when i read that. and, like bella, i believed him...at first. i still had it that i loved edward, no matter what he did, but stephenie wrote that part to the point where i couldn't help but believe every word.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:^oh yes. that part...ugh. it completely tore me apart. i felt like i was bella. i couldn't get myself to believe that what had happened was fictional, because it all seemed so real. i must have spent an hour just crying when i read that. and, like bella, i believed him...at first. i still had it that i loved edward, no matter what he did, but stephenie wrote that part to the point where i couldn't help but believe every word.
I know! I completely believed him too! I was absolutely heartbroken. I remember thinking (and hoping) that this wasn't really New Moon; just some horrible prank someone was playing on me. I was waiting for my friends to jump out of my closet yelling "Ha! We got you! You actually thought Edward would really do that? Sorry for stamping on your heart, here's the real New Moon." Sadly that was not the case.

But even though that was the most tearful scene in the whole series, you do kinda have to think that it really did HAVE to happen. Because of it Edward finally realizes that Bella has to be a vampire, that she really does love him, and Bella learns that Edward really does love her. I mean, do you ever wonder where the series would be now if the dreaded Chapter 3 hadn't have happened? Who knows...
ImageImage Image
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote: But even though that was the most tearful scene in the whole series, you do kinda have to think that it really did HAVE to happen. Because of it Edward finally realizes that Bella has to be a vampire, that she really does love him, and Bella learns that Edward really does love her. I mean, do you ever wonder where the series would be now if the dreaded Chapter 3 hadn't have happened? Who knows...
I totally agree with you. I was thinking about that the other day, and you're right. If he had never left, he wouldn't have known that he absolutely couldn't live without her, and vice versa. Plus, didn't Bella say something similar herself in Eclipse....when she was thinking about being with Jacob. She said something about that, like, I already had to live without him, and it didn't work....anyone know the exact words?
ImageImage
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:^oh yes. that part...ugh. it completely tore me apart. i felt like i was bella. i couldn't get myself to believe that what had happened was fictional, because it all seemed so real. i must have spent an hour just crying when i read that. and, like bella, i believed him...at first. i still had it that i loved edward, no matter what he did, but stephenie wrote that part to the point where i couldn't help but believe every word.
I know! I completely believed him too! I was absolutely heartbroken. I remember thinking (and hoping) that this wasn't really New Moon; just some horrible prank someone was playing on me. I was waiting for my friends to jump out of my closet yelling "Ha! We got you! You actually thought Edward would really do that? Sorry for stamping on your heart, here's the real New Moon." Sadly that was not the case.

But even though that was the most tearful scene in the whole series, you do kinda have to think that it really did HAVE to happen. Because of it Edward finally realizes that Bella has to be a vampire, that she really does love him, and Bella learns that Edward really does love her. I mean, do you ever wonder where the series would be now if the dreaded Chapter 3 hadn't have happened? Who knows...
that is a very good point. plus, i mean, all edward wants to do is make bella happy and safe. this was his way of doing so. i actually think that by edward leaving, it strengthened the bond between the two because they both realized that they couldn't live without one another.
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

Well just like everyone else I found Edward's departure really hearbreaking. But I actually couldn't really wrap my head around what was going on. My mind just kept refusing it lol... And when Alice and Jasper left in BD...I couldn't process that either. But I cried. A lot.

But I must say that the most heart stopping Moment for me was at the end of BD, when Bella pushes her shield away and lets Edward hear her thoughts. I seriously bawled my eyes out! It was just so...beautiful...I don't really know how to explain it. But my heart was racing so fast then, it actually felt like it had stopped or something!
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^same here!! that was so great. i cried so hard during that, and it only got worse when it said the words "the end." that was a very hard concept for me to wrap my head around. i still don't believe that its the end. i refuse to believe it.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

urcoolcarrie wrote:^same here!! that was so great. i cried so hard during that, and it only got worse when it said the words "the end." that was a very hard concept for me to wrap my head around. i still don't believe that its the end. i refuse to believe it.

same, my heart sunk to the bottom of the ocean when i saw "The End."
it was so heart-wrenching for me because i know i will never get into Bella's head again and read her view point on things...because to be honest i LOVE Bella, character-wise we have ALOT in common, her train of thoughts her emotions, her feelings, i connected so well with her and i don't think i've ever connected with a character like that before; it was definitely a weird and amazing experience especially since i never like reading before i found the Twilight books...
I refuse to believe that Breaking Dawn is the end of the story!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

mlola619 wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:^same here!! that was so great. i cried so hard during that, and it only got worse when it said the words "the end." that was a very hard concept for me to wrap my head around. i still don't believe that its the end. i refuse to believe it.

same, my heart sunk to the bottom of the ocean when i saw "The End."
it was so heart-wrenching for me because i know i will never get into Bella's head again and read her view point on things...because to be honest i LOVE Bella, character-wise we have ALOT in common, her train of thoughts her emotions, her feelings, i connected so well with her and i don't think i've ever connected with a character like that before; it was definitely a weird and amazing experience especially since i never like reading before i found the Twilight books...
I refuse to believe that Breaking Dawn is the end of the story!
You are both right! I've changed my mind. The most heart wrenching moment is in BD when it says "The End" Ugh! Can't it just go on forever? I mean seriously, who would get tired of reading about them?!?!? ::Sniff::
ImageImage
ChristinasHeadache

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

For me the most heart breaking, gut wrenching, tear spilling part was in New Moon on pages 270-271.

I chased him back to the truck. "Wait!" I called as he turned toward the house.
He spun around to face me, and I saw that his hands were shaking again.
"Go home, Bella. I can't hang out with you anymore."
The silly, inconsequential hurt was incredibly potent. The tears welled up again. "Are you...breaking up with me?" The words were all wrong, but they were the best way I could think to phrase what I was asking. After all, what Jake and I had was more than any schoolyard romance. Stronger.
He barked out a bitter laugh. "Hardly. If that were the case, I'd say 'Let's be friends.' I can't even say that."
"Jacob...why? Sam won't let you have other friends? Please, Jake. You promised. I need you!" The blank emptiness of my life before---before Jacob brought some semblance of reason back into it---reared up and confronted me. Loneliness choked in my throat.

This was agonizing for me. I cried so much reading this that the description of the hole in her heart and having to hold herself together was so real to me. I ached for her, as if it was my OWN aching. Unbelievable.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia