General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by ShadowNIN »

slayerchick303 wrote:I loved it! I didn't initially know that it was supposed to be the final book in the Twilight Saga. I feel like the book ended at a point where the plot is supposed to "thicken." I kind of felt like It was leading-up to a fifth book, but I guess not. Maybe Stephenie Meyer will change her mind! I can't wait for Midnight Sun to come out though. I hope she rewrites the entire series from Edward's perspective. I think the series from Alice's would be neat as well. Or, doing a sequel series from Rennesme's perspective would be very cool and very interesting. I think that a prequel from Carlisle perspective would be interesting as well.
Ooooooo!!! That would be an EXCELLENT book!!!
ImageImage
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

At the beginning I didn't like it!
I loved Edwards and Bella's romance when they were young and they didn't know what they were doing and it was only about them!
Suddenly they were married and she was pregnant! I just didn't see how a baby was going to fit into the happily ever after I'd always pictured!
It made the relationship more serious! I'm not saying that I'm not into commitment but I don't like marrige. I hate people that rush into it.(Yep, you guessed it. I'm a result of a ballsed up rushed-into university marrige) I know that Bella and Edward haven't got an average relationship by the way they cannoyt live without each other but it was still weird. As the book went on though I got used to it! I was worried about Jacob though so I was pleased when eh imprinted.
How is the relaionship wiht him and renessmee goign to work though? Doesn't she smell really horrible to him and can they have children?
We need another book really! ;)

Reply if you agree!
xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

When I first read breaking down (with speed and anxiety) I was a little skeptical, but of course I fell in love with the book! Edward and Bella together with a compromise for Jacob...who could ask for more!?! I loved the breakdown, and I loved how for once we were able to hear Jacob's thoughts (that was brilliant) It had everything a book should have...Stephenie Meyer did an EXCELLENT job, and created an awesome series with Breaking Dawn as the perfect end!
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Well thats a good question. I enjoyed it at first. But then I realized Jacob was telling the story for most of the book. That kind of irritated me because I'm not much of a Jacob fan. But I got over it and continued to read it without stopping. Then for some odd reason, towards the end of the book, I just couldn't pick it back up. I'm not sure if its because I had seen some of the posts on other sites about the book and I kind of knew what would happen, but it just wasn't as interesting. But by the time I finished it, I liked it. It wasn't the best book, but I was happy with the ending. I was kind of surprised to see how many people didn't like it. I guess it could have been better, but I was satisfied for the most part.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

When I first read Breaking Dawn I already knew what would happen so I didn't really think about it or question it and just accepted everything that happend. I thought it was awesome but I just wished that the wedding part was a bit longer and the pregnancy part seemed like it dragged on but I loved the ending. I really wanted more Bella and Edward moments thought. Overall I thought it was a great book and I am soo gutted Midnight Sun isn't getting published.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I loved it! I laughed all the way through when I was reading it. It was only when My friend said that she disliked it that I considered the bad - And I personally can't complain, I understand whe people don't like it - especially for the reasons highleted in the youtube video "Hitler was not dazzled by Breaking Dawn" but I think that SM chose the best path - Though the third part was really different from the rest of the series because Bella wasn't the Bella that we all knew and could relate to, instead she was like a super-vamp. And If they had fought at the end people WOULD have been killed and I would not have been happy. The only thing I would have liked that didn't happen was to have more of Jasper and Alice in the book but thier disapearance was necessary. The person who wrote like 2000 words on the next page has some really interesting points. - I hope that Stephenie ends up writing all the books from Edwards persective - It would be soooo intersting.
Last edited by Spartan on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I loved every second of it. I wish she would write a book now about Jacob and Renesmee though because I think it would be incredibly interesting to understand the complexity of their relationship. I wish she would go on with more! I want to know more about Nahuel, and I want to see more of "the werewolves mom and the vampires dad" thing too! I want to know what Leah decides to do now that Jacob stays put for Renesmee! So many unanswered questions!!!
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Post by he_dazzles_me »

I loved it. Amazing happily-ever-after ending. That's all I gotta say.
Nick_
Settled in Forks

Post by Nick_ »

I realy enjoyed it! Was expecting most of the book being bout Bells unsure what she wants etc bla bla so I was pretty impressed she got married in the first couple of chapters. The pregnancy storyline was very unexpected but a good inclusion I think, S M tried to cover every angle to make Edward even more "perfect" I suppose, not being able to have children was his only major flaw so she got rid of it.

I realy enjoyed it, I liked the Jacob point of view, could have done with a little more action with the volturi - from a guys point of view - but was very good overall
marinel
Settled in Forks

Post by marinel »

I absolutely loved Breaking Dawn... I was just so happy that everybody got their happy ending. Although, I admit when Bella became a vampire, it kinda threw me off, at first I thought she wouldn't be the same Bella that I loved so much from the three previous books. But as I kept reading, I realized that her becoming one was the best thing that could have happened in there. She was primarily the reason why the Volturi hadn't been able to harm them.. I would've literally died if anyone of their family or friend got hurt or died. I know some were freaked about her getting pregnant, though I wasn't expecting that and was totally shocked when it did, I was so happy for both Edward and Bella!!! I mean it was like theirs was the most profound love saga I have ever known, and then to be able to have a child that would be the ultimate symbol of that love!?!That would be like icing on top of the cake. I was also relieved that Jacob finally imprinted. It wouldn't be right if he did not have his happy ending.It was also nice knowing that the Cullens had friends who would be there for them no matter what happened. Reading BD was such a heart wrenching experience. From the moment I have read the first pages of Twilight, I have cared and loved every single one of them.I was so sad that the saga was drawing to its end. But then, my only consolation is that knowledge that every one was happy in the end and that some of them would continue to exist blissfully to eternity (sighhhh).