Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

Yeah that's the whole reason they split it into two parts, so that they don't have to leave out any information cause everything's so important that if they leave out any little detail, the story won't make a whole lot of sense.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:Yeah that's the whole reason they split it into two parts, so that they don't have to leave out any information cause everything's so important that if they leave out any little detail, the story won't make a whole lot of sense.
That's kind of a big issue with book 7. There is sooooooo much action, so many mini climaxes. Nothing can be left out, other than the things that they didn't put a background for in the previous movies *cough* Sirius's two-way mirror and DOBBY *cough*
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
luv_edward_cullen

*Bloodlust* wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:Yeah that's the whole reason they split it into two parts, so that they don't have to leave out any information cause everything's so important that if they leave out any little detail, the story won't make a whole lot of sense.
That's kind of a big issue with book 7. There is sooooooo much action, so many mini climaxes. Nothing can be left out, other than the things that they didn't put a background for in the previous movies *cough* Sirius's two-way mirror and DOBBY *cough*
That's the thing. They shouldn't think that it's only the info in the last book that's the most important. The stuff leading up to it is every bit as important, if not more. They really shouldn't have cut out so much from the previous books. The same thing happened with Eragon. They changed the story so much in the first movie that it's just impossible for them to make the second movie now because they left out all sorts of important info so it wouldn't make any sense.
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
*Bloodlust* wrote:
That's the thing. They shouldn't think that it's only the info in the last book that's the most important. The stuff leading up to it is every bit as important, if not more. They really shouldn't have cut out so much from the previous books. The same thing happened with Eragon. They changed the story so much in the first movie that it's just impossible for them to make the second movie now because they left out all sorts of important info so it wouldn't make any sense.
I know, like with the twins..it was kind of like "Oh, dang...now what do we do" When you leave out the characters that direct the rest of the series' plot, it kinda makes it hard to make a second one.
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
maggiepants
Wandering Through Town

Post by maggiepants »

Ok, seriously, is there something wrong with me? I got to the part where Hermione formed S.P.E.W. today and I started bawling. And speaking of elves, I would just like to go on the record as saying that Ron and Hermione's first kiss was absolutely perfect. I cry when I get to that part too, but in DH, I'm crying just about the whole time.

Just wondering, but does anyone else not really care for the guy they have as Dumbledore now? I much prefer the guy that was in the first two. Its a shame he passed away. The guy that is Dumbledore now just doesn't really play him right. He comes off as angry all the time, which just isn't Dumbledore to me.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

maggiepants wrote: Just wondering, but does anyone else not really care for the guy they have as Dumbledore now? I much prefer the guy that was in the first two. Its a shame he passed away. The guy that is Dumbledore now just doesn't really play him right. He comes off as angry all the time, which just isn't Dumbledore to me.
I don't like him AT ALL. I'm glad he has to die!
I think the reason why I don't like him is A. He doesn't have that calm tone Dumbledore is supposed to have and B. He grabbed Harry in number four and shook him around, and in the books, Dumbledore gets mad at Umbridge for doing the same thing. I think its hypocritical of the director to have him do that, and ruins Dumbledore's movie character for me.
luv_edward_cullen

maggiepants wrote:Ok, seriously, is there something wrong with me? I got to the part where Hermione formed S.P.E.W. today and I started bawling. And speaking of elves, I would just like to go on the record as saying that Ron and Hermione's first kiss was absolutely perfect. I cry when I get to that part too, but in DH, I'm crying just about the whole time.
Eventually, all of the catastrophic events in DH is going to catch up to us and turn us all into emotional wrecks.
vampluv78

Post by vampluv78 »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
maggiepants wrote:Ok, seriously, is there something wrong with me? I got to the part where Hermione formed S.P.E.W. today and I started bawling. And speaking of elves, I would just like to go on the record as saying that Ron and Hermione's first kiss was absolutely perfect. I cry when I get to that part too, but in DH, I'm crying just about the whole time.
Eventually, all of the catastrophic events in DH is going to catch up to us and turn us all into emotional wrecks.
Yeah I know, like I cried when I read any of the books with Dobby in them because, now I know he doies and I loved him. And Hedwig what did that beautiful owl ever do to the death eaters. And George's ear? Why does he lose an ear?
[Image
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

Oh. My. Goodness. I just finish reading the 6th Harry Potter (I only started them in th summer) and it was so good! Like I don't think that I can express how good it was.

I mean, I wonder how long it took her to think up all this. Cause I'm 99% positive that she didn't wake up one day and be like "Oh, I think I will make Snape kill Dumbledore and then make the locket not even be the real horecrux!" I doubt that's how it happened.

Genius.

Genius I tell you.

But I am so excited to see the movie and to finally read the 7th one. *sniff sniff* And then Harry Potter will be over... and then I need to find another book to read...

I like how J.K. Rowling foreshadows though. Genius. :D
vampluv78

Post by vampluv78 »

gasps you havent read the 7th yet. ome.
[Image