Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by Black »

I didn't like Jacob at all in the first book. I just wanted him to stop bugging the scenes lol. I got irritated every time he appeared on the page and I was just like "ho hum" until I got past his part. Then Edward left....

Edward left and I lost all respect for him.
Then Jacob saved the day! Sweet Jacob. Warm Jacob. Sexy Jacob with his tight black t-shirts.... ;)
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

Black wrote:I didn't like Jacob at all in the first book. I just wanted him to stop bugging the scenes lol. I got irritated every time he appeared on the page and I was just like "ho hum" until I got past his part. Then Edward left....
i felt the same way. when i started reading this series i heard the main characters were Jacob and Edward. I immediatly loved Edward but when Jacob was introduced i thought team jacob was a joke... how could anyone love a young innocent boy. it made no sense at first. he showed up at the prom and i loathed him.

in New Moon when Edward left i was so sad, i honestly had no idea what had happened. but unlike black i didn't feel a love for Jacob's rescue. i glossed over a lot of New Moon especially before he changes into a shape shifter it just seemed so boring. (now that i look back i really like it) but by the end of New Moon i no longer precieved him as a little boy.

jacob seemed to annoy me throughout the whole Eclispe book and I was so mad when he kissed bella. and even more mad when bella said she loved him. when bella said yes to marrying Edward i was so happy because that would mean that jacob was no longer in the picture.

i know it seems like ive hated him the whole time but after reading breaking dawn i finally realized that he was a good guy and i began to love him just as much as Edward (well a little less :D)

Jacob's book was amazing! I loved it and i was a little disappointed when it swtiched back to Bella. i really didn't like how Bella described Jacon and i didn't really like him after he imprinted though he seemed so focused on Renesemee it was kind of disappointing to see his character lessen with his love.

as for his future well where ever it may be it definately will be with Nessie.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I've loved Jacob since the very start but I swear the more I read the books, the more I love him.
I reread the funny parts as well as the sad parts.

I think I really cared about him because he was the underdog (pun intended) throughout the series.

Eclipse was so sad.. OMG!!
The part when he crashed the graduation party and Bella wasn't paying attention to him, he got sad and said that Bella wanted to be with her "real friends". Then Bella asked for her present since she saw how sad she made Jake.

The ending OMG.. I can't even write about it. Too sad! I cried as much as Bella did.

Then when he received the wedding invitation from Edward. I died!!!

In BD..

The part when he came to the wedding.
"the party can start, the best man finally came."
"Sorry I'm late honey."
"I'm so happy you came"
"That was the idea."

Wahhh!!!

When he was saying goodbye to Billy. when he said Rachel can have his room.. oh so sad!!

And also all his funny lines, sarcasm etc. I laughed at all of them.

Jacob was such an important character and made these books more interesting IMO.

He matured a ton through the series!!!
harmony_624
Wandering Through Town

Post by harmony_624 »

wishingiwasbella wrote:I love the Nessie/Jake romance. However I do with that it gave us more of background on him family. I wanna know what happened to his mother, or how his father got in a wheel chair (i'm not sure it might mention it I don't remember). Or more background of the wolf gang and things.
His mom got in a car accident...I think...
One word says it all: Twilight

Team Edward - because who really needs a headboard?! ♥

Me without Twilight is like Bella without Edward, and we all know how that played out!

Image<-- Egg(s) are clickable (please click!!)
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think it's weird because ever since New Moon I've always liked Jacob more than Edward but I've never been Team Jacob. I never wanted him with Bella (maybe because I'd already skimmed over BD online and knew that Bella and Edward lived happily ever after?). Whenever I tell everyone that I like Jacob more they're all like "Team Jacob, wooo!" and I'm like "No.... " and then they get all confused lol
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Well what I thought of jake in Twilight was that he was some dumb 15 year old trying to charm Bella. :roll: Then in New Moon I got to know him better and I liked him alot but I just could not see Bella with someone else so I didnt think too much about her and Jacob together as a couple... Then in Eclipse I was torn between my love for Jacob andmy love for Edward. He had gone from a small character to one of Bella's favorite person in her life I cried alot because I felt really bad for him at the end when bella says goodbye and each time I read it, it always makes me cry again.. :cry: In breaking Dawn it was just torture to hear about Jacobs pain through his eyes but when I found out at the end of his book that he imprinted I WAS NOT GROSSED OUT!!!!!! It was kind of like Bella And Edward Because if you look at it Edward Is Suppossed to be like her Great grandfather so i felt no different for what happened to Jake and Reneesme...... I think that they will make an awesome couple he will always be THE BEST ALPHA EVER!!!!!

GO TEAM SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Ugh. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Jacob and Renesmee. It is not pedophilia and it is definitely not incest. Renesmee will be fully grown in 7 years. What's so disturbing about 2 adults being romantically involved with each other? She's not going to be a kid anymore. You can't measure non-humans on a human age scale. That's like calling a 2 year old dog a baby. She isn't human so people need to stop comparing her to one.

Jacob used to be in love with Bella (I still don't understand why people call this incest). So what? Imprinting is a powerful thing. It erased his romantic feelings for Bella completely so why are people still whining about it like it's a sin to love more than one person in a lifetime?
Shakespeare
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shakespeare »

I really liked human Jacob. He was sweet and caring, as well as an excellent friend. He had a personality and was a huge relief from Bella's angsting during the middle part of New Moon. I even felt sort of sorry for him because Bella was just using him. Then he became a werewolf and completely and illogically turned into a different character. He lost everything that I liked about him. I would have been able to forgive him for this if he switched back, but, in Eclipse, he just became worse. As much as I liked the break fom Bella's view when Meyer added the Jacob chapters, I entirely lost my positive view of Jake in Breaking Dawn. The imprinting made his character irredeemable.

AS for the future, I hope we don't see too much more of him. I prefer to remember him as human Jacob, not Renesmee's boyfriend Jacob.
I'm actually an anti. I don't like the Twilight series at all.

I'm here because I enjoy discussing literature and I think it's often much more interesting to talk to people who disagree with you.

And yes, I have read the books. ;)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I totally loved Jacob from the first book to the last. In my opinion, it seemed like Jacob grew up and matured during each book.

He started a kid who had a crush on a girl and acted like it. I think that his maturity started to show when he became part of the pack. Then he definitely changed when he went out on his own and accepted his destiny.

For me I wanted to read more of Jacob, yes I love Edward too but for me Jacob was so lighthearted and just seemed like an overall good person.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Metal_Gear_Shanni
Settled in Forks

Post by Metal_Gear_Shanni »

Jacob WAS my favorite character.

I say was because after the 4th book I just can not stand any of the character's.

But I would have to say that in the first book I did not like Jacob at all and I was a die hard Edward fan. But then after New Moon Jacob really grew on me and I was hoping Bella would choose him. Just because Jacob seemed like a real everyday person. Someone I would see walking down the street you know?

Then in Eclipse I really just feel in love with Jacobs character and all together disliked Edward. I wanted Jacob and Bella to be together and that was that. I never really agreed with how Stephanie always made Bella kind of eternally devoted to Edward. I mean I have been in a relationship with the same person for 4 years and I can admit there are moments of weakness and I can at least admit that there have been times that I have been attracted to others. But Stephanie just basically never even allows Bella to admit she is attracted to Jacob until the very end. Its very sill and unrealistic. But I guess thats what I get for expecting realistic emotions from character that are half werewolve and vampire right.