General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by ShadowNIN »

silverstar wrote: "The C30 is a more conventional four-seat hatch with a five-cylinder, 2.4-litre engine that makes 168 horsepower and 170 pounds-feet of torque. It loses the electric power in favour of gasoline, and is also available with a turbocharged version of the same engine that makes 218 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. There's a choice between five-speed manual or five-speed automatic (with "Geartronic" sequential shifting) for the normally aspirated engine, or six-speed manual and the same five-speed automatic for the turbo (T5) version. The platform, or structural and technical basis, for the C30, is from the S40 sedan/V50 wagon. "

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07c30.htm

It doesn't even compare to the S60 in the first place, let alone the S60R.
Ugh! Sounds like a LAME car!!! I figured it wouldn't compare, but now knowing it isn't even close! BUMMER!!!

And yes, they should have been able to get ONE Volvo!!! I'm wondering if the director thought Edward should have a more sporty looking car that a teen would want. Problem is, Edward is NOT a teen and knows cars so well...I wonder if they even know his character that well??!!? Oh well, nothing can be done now!
ImageImage
he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Post by he_dazzles_me »

silverstar wrote: Regarding the C30.

"The C30 is a more conventional four-seat hatch with a five-cylinder, 2.4-litre engine that makes 168 horsepower and 170 pounds-feet of torque. It loses the electric power in favour of gasoline, and is also available with a turbocharged version of the same engine that makes 218 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. There's a choice between five-speed manual or five-speed automatic (with "Geartronic" sequential shifting) for the normally aspirated engine, or six-speed manual and the same five-speed automatic for the turbo (T5) version. The platform, or structural and technical basis, for the C30, is from the S40 sedan/V50 wagon. "

Source: http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07c30.htm

It doesn't even compare to the S60 in the first place, let alone the S60R.
Wow, the C30 sounds like a sucky car. They should've kept the S60 R in the movie.
ILY_E.C_4EVA
Wandering Through Town

Post by ILY_E.C_4EVA »

How hard is it to get one lousy S60R in the movie
i mean come on!!
'
I think bella should have gotten a little old metallic green bug just to stick with the whole "old car" theme a bit like this one:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/262 ... f3d6_o.jpg
"Stupid, Shiny Volvo Owner"
"Penguins, Lovely."
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

They even screwed up Emmet's jeep. It is supposed to be a lifted TJ, not a Commander with no lift. They should've used a Wrangler at least, as it is sorta something someone would take wheeling.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

It is killing me when I hear about things that a film changes from the book. Is it that hard to get cars right? Oh it infuriates me. Okay, maybe I am being a little dramatic. Arrrrr.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

silverstar wrote:They even screwed up Emmet's jeep. It is supposed to be a lifted TJ, not a Commander with no lift. They should've used a Wrangler at least, as it is sorta something someone would take wheeling.
I thought the jeep looked different too. I guess I'm just not that obsessed with it, so it didn't really bother me! LOL!! It will now though! ;)
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

spookybell wrote:It is killing me when I hear about things that a film changes from the book. Is it that hard to get cars right? Oh it infuriates me. Okay, maybe I am being a little dramatic. Arrrrr.

No, You're not being over dramamatic! It bugs me too! I mean, how hard is it to get a car right when it is so clearly a specific one?!?!?! :roll:
ImageImage
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

silverstar wrote:They even screwed up Emmet's jeep. It is supposed to be a lifted TJ, not a Commander with no lift. They should've used a Wrangler at least, as it is sorta something someone would take wheeling.
OME are they screwing up EVERYTHING carwise???? i tell you if rosalie has an M5 instead of an M3 i will scream. and i will scream more if they dont even have an M series car!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Hopefully I will be so much in awe of the characters, the story and Edward, I won't even realize WHAT they are driving! :mrgreen: Anyway, that is how I am trying to calm down about this whole thing!!! :lol:
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Okay, I know I just said, oh maybe a post or two ago that the C30 sucked, but look at it in action in the movie clip below...of course, I'm sure the S60, could have done a ton better, but I am now really excited to see that car in action! Hmmm, I wonder if my Sorento could do that and not flip?!?! Next time it rains, I might have some fun :mrgreen:

******************************SPOILER ALERT!!******************************************

Do NOT watch the below clip if you don't want to see behind the scenes footage of the upcoming movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNo0Pgyp ... re=related
ImageImage