Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

kkswmmr114 wrote:
MRK wrote:LOL...I LOVED the new poster! What am I missing!!?? I thought he looked spooky...but isn't he supposed to? I mean, we are all human and something about him is supposed to make all of us cringe from the danger dripping from him....lol, all except Bella that is...
I completely agree with you!! I LOVE the poster, very sexy, I just think it is kinda misleading because that isn't really how he looks in the movie. But then again there are alot of posters that I can think of that don't exactly go with the movie... But I do like the second poster better than the first. The first just looks like they are in a wierd position or something...

Anyways, what happened to all the 20-somethings?!?!?! This thread kinda died...
I'm still here...just haven't posted! I like the new poster better then the old one...but they sure do make Edward way paler then in the movies...meh!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I am a new twenty-something!! *waves* Hi! I'm Lindsay, 24, and I love Twilight. I finally read the series after one of my friends who is also twenty-something recommended them. We'd just met, but we had a lot in common so I figured I would like them if she did. Haha, that's crazy to think, that if she hadn't been such a cool person, maybe I wouldn't have read the books yet? I say yet becayse I probably would have seen the movie to see what the hype was about and then read the books because I was in love!

Alright enough rambling. I like the new movie poster, and the old movie poster and I think it is so cool that the photographer is so young, 18? Something like that. He's very talented though. I really like the giant banner thing that was made for movie theatres too!

Okay, bye!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Jamie
Settled in Forks

Post by Jamie »

Hmmm I will have to check out all these posters. Where do you find them? Sorry I am new to the whole Twilight thing.

I finally finished Breaking Dawn on Saturday! I have been avoiding the site cause I didn't want to ruin anything in the books. Plus I had some major dental work done that just sucked.

I love having other 20 something year old people to talk with. I feel very alone in my real world...no one I know has even heard about the books.
And to think...before I knew about Twilight I walked hallowed ground and never had a clue! Proud to live so close to Forks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Jamie wrote:Hmmm I will have to check out all these posters. Where do you find them? Sorry I am new to the whole Twilight thing.

I finally finished Breaking Dawn on Saturday! I have been avoiding the site cause I didn't want to ruin anything in the books. Plus I had some major dental work done that just sucked.

I love having other 20 something year old people to talk with. I feel very alone in my real world...no one I know has even heard about the books.
Ahhh! Sorry you have no one to talk about the books with!!! You can find the posters and other pics here: http://www.edwardandbella.net/
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

Jamie wrote:Hmmm I will have to check out all these posters. Where do you find them? Sorry I am new to the whole Twilight thing.

Wait a minute, do you really live in western Washington and you don't know anyone who likes Twilight?!?!? That is insane... But you have friends here!! I too don't know anyone who is as obsessed as I am. I know people who like them, but don't want to talk about them. :( Welcome to feeling better by talking to other 20-somethings who love Twilight!!

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
Jamie
Settled in Forks

Post by Jamie »

Yes I really live in W. WA and don't know anyone who likes Twilight. :lol: Well let me clarify...I don't know anyone over the age of 17 that enjoys them. I guess I just haven't found the "older crowd" yet. Where are they all hiding?

It is a different book than I normally read and I know that most of the people I know wouldn't go anywhere near a book like Twilight cause of the whole vampire/werewolf thing. So here I stand alone. Even though I am only 24 I find it hard to talk in depth to the 15-17 year olds that like the books. We just don't seem to be on the same level...plus all the giggling and screaming over Edward gets tiring :lol: Don't get me wrong, I like talking to them...just wanted to find people more my age that maybe view things differently than a teen would. It is nice to have know that there are older people that enjoy the books as well.

So glad I found this site! So glad I am not the only married adult in love with Twilight.

BTW thanks for the link!
And to think...before I knew about Twilight I walked hallowed ground and never had a clue! Proud to live so close to Forks!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Jamie wrote:Yes I really live in W. WA and don't know anyone who likes Twilight. :lol: Well let me clarify...I don't know anyone over the age of 17 that enjoys them. I guess I just haven't found the "older crowd" yet. Where are they all hiding?

It is a different book than I normally read and I know that most of the people I know wouldn't go anywhere near a book like Twilight cause of the whole vampire/werewolf thing. So here I stand alone. Even though I am only 24 I find it hard to talk in depth to the 15-17 year olds that like the books. We just don't seem to be on the same level...plus all the giggling and screaming over Edward gets tiring :lol: Don't get me wrong, I like talking to them...just wanted to find people more my age that maybe view things differently than a teen would. It is nice to have know that there are older people that enjoy the books as well.

So glad I found this site! So glad I am not the only married adult in love with Twilight.

BTW thanks for the link!
I also think it is hard to relate to the younger twilight crowd too...I think it's because as you get older, you just have a different perspective...I think you can see the more adult themes within the books, since you have lived through it. I don't think I would full understand how Bella would be willing to so readily rish her life to save Edwards if I had never felt that strongly about someone. As a 17 year old, I would have sighed at how romantic the notion is, but it wouldn't be more that. Now I know what it is like to not want to live in a world where someone else doesn't exsist...though I am practical enough to know I could go on too...but I would be in a very Bella mood for a long time!

Welcome though, I am glad to see this little group grow!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Glad I finally found the twenty somethings thread! I'm 26, obsessed with Twilight since the middle of August and live in a country without a release date for the movie (how bad is that???). And I don't know anyone who has read Twilight either. Or are people our age just embarassed to admit it? Because I was at first...it seemed kind of silly to be that badly obsessed with a book about two teenagers in love. But I'm glad there are "older" people who love Twilight. So, I'd like to join your little group if I may! :)

I agree with you guys about the ability to relate to the characters better when you are older. Like in New Moon, how can you relate to Bella's feelings when Edward leaves her (and those dreadful months afterwards) when you never really had your heart broken or been very much in love? I could almost feel her phsyical pain because I could relate to it, if you know what I mean. That's just one example I could think of.

And I don't really think about Edward and Bella as teenagers in love. Rather, they seem older to me than that (Edward anyway :lol: ). More early to mid-twenties (someone on this thread said something similar). But it's hard to explain why... How do you guys here see that?

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

vampire_elf wrote: And I don't really think about Edward and Bella as teenagers in love. Rather, they seem older to me than that (Edward anyway :lol: ). More early to mid-twenties (someone on this thread said something similar). But it's hard to explain why... How do you guys here see that?
I think that's because Stephenie Meyer wrote it that way. I don't mean to sound snarky, so let me explain further. :)

She made Bella a child with a child-like mother; therefore, Bella was probably an old soul well before she met up with the Cullens. Speaking for myself, I did not have a child-like mom, but I was forced to face reality very early in life, and it definitely matured me quickly. So, I often surprised people, when I was younger and they found out my age.

Edward and Bella also share a love that is greater than a high school crush or puppy love. They share a real love, which is something that many don't experience til both parties are a few years older than Bella's mature 17. I think the depth and maturity of their love is part of the reason we all see them as older than high school.

As a side note, this is also one of the reasons I don't care if people think that maybe I'm a little crazy to be so into Twilight. Their ages may read something-teen, but Bella's old for her age and Edward's been around for a century, so... :)
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

You guys have such good points, I agree that the books probably wouldn't have moved me in the way that they did had I been 16 or 17. I'm sure they still would have moved me, but in a different way. Like vampire_elf said it makes a difference when you've been in love before and/or had your heart crushed at least once.

I too felt that Bella and Edward seemed older because of their maturity. I think in Midnight Sun didn't Edward say something about Bella being so mature and not like all the other girls or "children" as I think he called them. I definately think when you have to parent one or more of your own parents that it ages you on a maturity level. My college roomate grew up parenting her mother- her only parent. She was a very mature and severe person. That's a tough life to live. I also think its just part of who Bella is, that she's an old soul, I think she deeper than the other characters, of course that is probably because we get to know her thoughts/feeling/desires etc. But it my mind she is deeper/wiser whether she knows it or not(which I don't think she does).

Jaime I am from a town 20 miles north of Seattle, several hours from Forks, but we spent nearly every summer camping in that area! My husbands in the military so I don't live there any more and I MISS it dearly! Enjoy the green and the fresh air for me! (TX is brown and humid :roll: )
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium