Twilight Guys

Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Guys

Post by Adam »

Really, I'm not calling you shallow. That's a joke.
What I'm saying is that nobody would criticize you for not being attracted to a guy just because he passes the "Twilight test." That would be absurd. :roll:
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

lol
oh! ok. I thought you said I was shallow. haha =)
but yeah, so far no one passed the twilight/hottie test, just twilight. lol :lol:
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Ya know, I'd give a Twilight guy a chance. I know that we would certainly have something in common and we would have something to talk about that interested us both.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Come to think of it - I'm surprised I did'nt mention this earlier - I was recently set up w/ a girl that was very nice, just not my type. We had things to talk about, common interests, and we were both Twilight readers. There was no chemistry though, at least not on my end. Unfortunately I have a nagging feeling that she mistook my courtesy and politeness for sincere interest.
I guess my point is that you should start the other way around. Look for somebody that excites you, and then hope for the added bonus that they have read (or are willing to read) Twilight, if it is that important to you.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Adam wrote:Come to think of it - I'm surprised I did'nt mention this earlier - I was recently set up w/ a girl that was very nice, just not my type. We had things to talk about, common interests, and we were both Twilight readers. There was no chemistry though, at least not on my end. Unfortunately I have a nagging feeling that she mistook my courtesy and politeness for sincere interest.
I guess my point is that you should start the other way around. Look for somebody that excites you, and then hope for the added bonus that they have read (or are willing to read) Twilight, if it is that important to you.
ohh.. that's always an issue... I hate it when you know that your being polite can be taken as interest. I hate that. hate it... hate it... hate it....

You have to have that something. You can't fake yourself into interest.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

spookybell wrote:
Adam wrote:Come to think of it - I'm surprised I did'nt mention this earlier - I was recently set up w/ a girl that was very nice, just not my type. We had things to talk about, common interests, and we were both Twilight readers. There was no chemistry though, at least not on my end. Unfortunately I have a nagging feeling that she mistook my courtesy and politeness for sincere interest.
ohh.. that's always an issue... I hate it when you know that your being polite can be taken as interest. I hate that. hate it... hate it... hate it....

You have to have that something. You can't fake yourself into interest.

Same here. One of the most fun times I have ever had on a date, was talking over ice cream with a guy I was not at all attracted to. We talked about movies, our love of reading, Star Trek (feel free to mock me, I'm a trekkie), plays, art. It was fab. Too bad the amazing personal chemistry didn't translate into physical chemistry.

But yea, going along with what Adam said, I was worried the whole time that he mistook my intensity in our conversation & my casual joking with him (which is what I do when I am comfortable around someone) as interest and flirting. Eek. I didn't want to lead him on, but I didn't want to be ingenuine.

Sometimes I just want to shake my fist at the sky, and ask the universe, "WHY? Why does dating have to be so tricky?"

...But I don't. Cause that would make me look crazy.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Tamalyn wrote:
But yea, going along with what Adam said, I was worried the whole time that he mistook my intensity in our conversation & my casual joking with him (which is what I do when I am comfortable around someone) as interest and flirting. Eek. I didn't want to lead him on, but I didn't want to be ingenuine.
^Yes, that is very well put, T. You've articulated my feelings exactly (except for the Eek, I never make that sound). :lol:

You know, in retrospect I'd have preferred it if the girl in my situation had been a lesbian or at least had no romantic intentions toward me. Then I would have had no qualms about pursuing a friendship w/ her. After all, we did make decent conversation.
YingYangxo
Settled in Forks

Post by YingYangxo »

Hey ,
sorry im no guy...
But AGES ago in the thread someone asked for vampire book recomendations, you might like this one:
Sunshine by Robin McKinley
xo
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

*Girl Question here*
I know this might be wierd but I have to ask - Did any of you (Straight) guys find yourself a tad sexually confused when reading Twilight? lol
It's just being a young woman I don't see how anyone can read Twilight and not have the tiniest bit of sexual interest in Edward because SM writes it so well.
Please reply to this because I really want to know. :D

Oh and going on what some people were saying earlier - I would definately be interested in any guy I met who'd read Twilight.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

I'm not a guy, but I would just like to say that I find this thread very refreshing!! I've been trying to convince some of my guy friends that Twilight is NOT just for girls....they won't listen to me. I'm going to have to send them the link to this site....seriously. Thx!

-Jess
xoxo