Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I agree with everyone about it seeming young to get married at 18, but I also think it depends on the two people involved. Given that Edward was really nearly 100... LOL. Anyway, I was the only one of my group of friends who wasn't married by the time we were all 22, and it was only awkward for me because they all made a big deal out of my singleness (how lame, right?). I got married at 24 after about 2 years of dating.

I'd like to think he's my real life Edward, but I'd totally be lying if I didn't admit to having a MASSIVE, MASSIVE crush on Rob Pattinson. *swoon*
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
la_tua_cantante

lag28wa wrote:
vampire_elf wrote: I didn't quite get Bella's hesitation and reluctance to marry (if she's ready to spend eternity as a vamipre you shouldn't have a problem to committ to a marriage)..
YESSSSS! Exactly. I was getting frustrated with her a couple of times, I'd be sitting there on the couch reading New Moon/Eclipse and I'd have an outburst of "Oh my gosh! JUST MARRY HIM ALREADY!!!" As my husband is watching TV like :roll: But you hit it right on the nose with that!!!
HA! Sorry for the duplicate posting here, but these was exactly the way I reacted. When Edward proposed and she wouldn't accept, I actually got annoyed with Bella, like she was a real person. It seemed ridiculous. If you were willing to give up your mortality for him, you should be willing to wear a ring. I mean, they were already committed... :shakes head:
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
vampbaseballgrl4
Settled in Forks

Post by vampbaseballgrl4 »

kkswmmr114 wrote:I just watched Grey's!! Yay for DVR!! It was a good episode, the kid was hilarious. I loved his reaction to the guy with his face off, Lol
Boy- "I want to go back to the other one."
George- "Forget about the other one."
Boy- "But this is boring."

Lol...

yai!!! grey's fans and twi-hards!!! what could be better... oh yeah and we're all over the age of 20!!!! last night's episode redeemed the season thus far for me... I was worried with the first 2... but back to the TW references...

I think the whole marriage thing is really based on how you're raised... not nessecarily where. I was raised in a small town, but I think I'm still too young at 23 to get married... that being said I don't judge those who get married early, I just think it's a personal choice and if you feel ready then go for it. I agree with what SM said about Edward and Bella being old souls... it was right for them to be married... cause let's face it neither was going anywhere and they are very old souls... I also have to agree that I was totally annoyed whne bella kept telling him she couldn't marry him... though I have been in the situation where the guy wanted to talk about it, and I just wanted to turn and run away... but he was no edward!!!!
I'm totally moving to Forks and asking the Cullens which room is mine? Edward has the cottage now... his sounds good.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

la_tua_cantante wrote:
HA! Sorry for the duplicate posting here, but these was exactly the way I reacted. When Edward proposed and she wouldn't accept, I actually got annoyed with Bella, like she was a real person. It seemed ridiculous. If you were willing to give up your mortality for him, you should be willing to wear a ring. I mean, they were already committed... :shakes head:

That was SO me too! I just kept saying, seriously? Seriously! What are you thinking Bella...someone needs to shake you!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

I got irritated at almost all of the characters at one point. The time that I got really mad at Bella was when she didn't want to get married, even at her own wedding!! She was so focused on wanting and anticipating becoming a vampire, that she didn't want to do anything human anymore. I just guess I can't see how she didn't want to be involved in anything, even when it legally binded her to the "man" she loved forever. And it was something he really wanted... her attitude towards some things just confuses me I guess...

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

You know, Bella not wanting to get married, just made her a lot more real to me...I mean, don't we all at some point, do something we think later, "why did I think that was such a HUGE deal?"
Real people are complex like that lol
la_tua_cantante

OH MY GOODNESS!! mandustries and I just got to see Rob!!! Believe it or not, he's even more attractive in person.

Gah, I need to calm down. My heart feels like it's going a million beats a minute! *fangirl squeal*
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

la_tua_cantante wrote:OH MY GOODNESS!! mandustries and I just got to see Rob!!! Believe it or not, he's even more attractive in person.

Gah, I need to calm down. My heart feels like it's going a million beats a minute! *fangirl squeal*
Lucky you! Tell us more about it!!!!!

I started some discussion when I talked about the marrige! :oops: Just for the record, I'm 26 and I live toghether with my boyfriend of 5 years. We plan to marry someday but not yet and there is only one couple among our close friends that's already married (they got married at 25) and a lot of people were like "you're too young". I fell happy the way everything is right now. Does it make sense when I say that there is no reason not to marry and not reason to marry either?

It's cool that you guys are Grey's fans as well!!! But we see all the episodes about half a year/a year later thatn you... :roll:

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Yes MANY details on your Rob encounter please!!!! I imagine him to be incredibly charming in a bashful, gee gosh way. At least that's how he seems in interviews.

Marriage is funny, when its right its right. I wasn't bothered as much that Bella was having qualms about getting married, but more her reasons, the "What would everyone think?" and her stereo typical idea that only chicks that get knocked up in high school and live in trailers get married.

I got married in August, at 24. We had dated for 5.5 years and lived together for about one year. When we finally decided to get married, we made the plans for a small intimate affair that took place barely 30 days later. I regret putting the stress on our families of a last minute, thing, but in hindsight I wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect, and after 5.5 we'd waited long enough. Plus the military and him changing duty stations had something to do with it also. One of my favorite quotes is "If you wait until last minute, it only takes a minute" :)
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

lag28wa wrote:One of my favorite quotes is "If you wait until last minute, it only takes a minute" :)

HAHA!
(sorry this may b a little long)
As I've said, my husband and I got married 7 years after we started dating...so we were going to just go to Tennesse and kinda elope, both of us hate big-to-dos and being the center of attention, and we had been together for so long, that getting married at that point was kinda just accepted.
So, we planned to go to Gatlinburg alone and get married...'cept I was looking for a dress and wanted help. I was all alone in the dress shop surrounded by all these brides that had their maids and mothers all around them being pampered and I had no one.
So I called my Mother-in-law and told her we were getting married...*shock* and that I couldn't decide on a dress *silence* and could she help me. She couldn't...she was on her way to work. So, for no good reason my MIL now knew.
She wanted to come, so we caved to the pressure and agreed she could come...so I had to call my mom and let her know. I made them keep it a secret.
So, with my parents, and my youngest brother...his parents and his 3 siblings we went to Tennessee and 'eloped' lol....but I have to say, it couldn't have been more perfect! All the most important people were there with us...it was magical!
When I got home everyone was mad at me!!! The rest of my brothers and sister and my friends...they all thought I had snubbed them and left them out...and all I could say was, "We were trying to elope!"