General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by bella_love3 »

Amivera wrote: Bella's not beautiful, though. She's plain and ugly, remember?

Bell is plain and mostly beautiful in just Edward's eyes, but i really don't think it ever says that she is ugly. If she was ugly than why would Eric, Mike Tyler, and Jake all try to be with her? You might be able to guess that she is ugly by the fact that no one ever wanted to go out with her when she was in Phoniex and that she was just new so thats why everyone liked her but i really don't think Bella is ugly, just plain.
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

lots of the guys thought she was pretty. maybe not perfect like rosalie but not ugly. i think the reason most were turned off from her in phoenix was because 1)she couldn't tan and 2)she was clumsy
i was merely making an assumption here don't take my post for prophecy.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

All the boys in Phoenix most definitely do not just like tanned girls. Boys in Phoenix have a diverse range of preferences in girls just as boys all over the world do.

And why would her clumsiness be seen differently in Phoenix than in Forks? No, it's endearing either way, or it's annoying either way. People's views change everywhere, not just from location to location.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

Amivera wrote:
Off topic: But what is it with so much emphasis on BEAUTY. What does beauty have to do with anything, I ask you?
Bella Swan (Beautiful Swan). BS!
Goodness gracious, it bothers me so much that these books are so vain! If you can ignore the vanity, perhaps you'll get over it, but:

"I guess my brain will never work right. At least I'm pretty."

Sorry. [/rant]

Bella's not beautiful, though. She's plain and ugly, remember?
I agree, there is an unusual amount of emphasis on beauty and not even a beautiful on the inside thing, it's all about how they look on the outside. Even Nessie has to be as beautiful as a Greek statue. What annoyed me was the endless references to Edward's beauty.

At least the pregnancy and delivery itself wasn't this beautiful, perfect or wonderful process or I would have just given up reading right then and there.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I never thought before that it was all Beauty this and Beauty that but now that you mention this I get what you mean, but I think that it's just the result of SM making Vampires in general beautiful, seeing as the story revolves around them its not suprising that physical beauty crops up a lot.
Amivera wrote: Bella's not beautiful, though. She's plain and ugly, remember?
SM never said that! My interpretation of Bella's description is that she was actually quite attractive it's just that in Phoenix there were other, more interesting people for guys to be attracted to - but in Forks she was New and different, add in the fact that Forks like never had new people coming to it she was obviously going to have guys interested in her before she even got there.

About Nessie's name - I thought it was really wierd and every so often I would think Resume by accident. But as SM says, there is just no name ( that already exists) special enough for her. Yet "Edward-Jacob" or "E.J" I was like "Come ONN!" what a bad name! I thought that she'd call him Jacob and that would be it.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Amivera wrote:
So... you're saying only pale, beautiful people get knocked up with half-vampires?

Off topic: But what is it with so much emphasis on BEAUTY. What does beauty have to do with anything, I ask you?
Bella Swan (Beautiful Swan). BS!
Goodness gracious, it bothers me so much that these books are so vain! If you can ignore the vanity, perhaps you'll get over it, but:

"I guess my brain will never work right. At least I'm pretty."

Sorry. [/rant]

Bella's not beautiful, though. She's plain and ugly, remember?[/quote]
Stephenie picked Bella as her character's name because she planned on naming her daughter Isabella and calling her Bella, but since she's only had boys, she gave the character who felt like a daughter that name (see her website in the story behind twilight). And she got Swan from the family helped found the town of Forks. So that is purely coincidental.
And really, only the vampires are described a beautiful, but that's who they are. Of course those who say Bella is beautiful would say it-they love her. As for the guys, well, they've had the same girls in their class since kindergarten. When I went to high school and other girls started looking at the guys I grew up with, they thought some of them are hot. I was just like, "What? Are you serious?" It's only because I was used to them, but to the girls that they were new to, they thought they were good-looking. So it's like that for the guys in Forks. Bella's new to them, she's a new face, so she's pretty.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Metal_Gear_Shanni
Settled in Forks

Post by Metal_Gear_Shanni »

Bella should never have gotten pregnant and had that X MEN baby Nessie.

If Bella HAD to get pregnant then it should have been with someone who sex would have at least been enjoyable with. I mean I don't know how many of you on here have ever had sex (and quite frankly you can keep that information to yourselves) but can you imagine having sex with someone who is ICE COLD?!? Or better yet with a Popsicle?

EW....just friggin ew. hahaha
Barnabas
Wandering Through Town

Post by Barnabas »

Fortunately, Ms. Meyer left that mostly up to our imaginations. But I didn't get the feeling that Bella found it to be unpleasant.
Metal_Gear_Shanni
Settled in Forks

Post by Metal_Gear_Shanni »

Barnabas wrote:Fortunately, Ms. Meyer left that mostly up to our imaginations. But I didn't get the feeling that Bella found it to be unpleasant.
Haha well could you imagine it to be a pleasant experience? I mean jeeze they have to sleep with a BLANKET between them.
Barnabas
Wandering Through Town

Post by Barnabas »

Metal_Gear_Shanni wrote:
Barnabas wrote:Fortunately, Ms. Meyer left that mostly up to our imaginations. But I didn't get the feeling that Bella found it to be unpleasant.
Haha well could you imagine it to be a pleasant experience? I mean jeeze they have to sleep with a BLANKET between them.
I'm lucky to be married to a human, not a vampire, so I guess I don't have to worry about it :lol: !