Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by awesomejen1 »

I LOVE wedding stories!
I got married (at 23) after dating for almost 4 years. It just felt like the right time for us. We got married in July, and sadly wev'e spent half of our marriage apart due to his job, which sucks! But we are used to it, last year, we spent 4 months apart while I was in DC for my job...that was when he proposed!
We got married in Hawaii, which is what both of us have always wanted. Toes in the sand, just us and whoever could come. His mom didn't like the idea, at all, and we caved into planning a wedding in Utah...but nothing was working, all the venues we liked were booked, and it was just sucking, so we just decided to do what we wanted and everything fell perfectly into place. Most of my family was there, and 2 of his buddies. His family didn't come (I think they were just being super stubborn because they didn't have a valid excuse) but it was perfect for us, best decsion ever! And everyone who is getting married and doesn't care for the whole big affair, I would highly suggest it! We had 14 people there, who really cared about us, and we were able to just hang out and have a good time the whole week before the wedding. It was so low stress! (and surprisingly pretty cheap as we planned on Hawaii for a honeymoon anyway) We later had a big party at home with everyone. I can't wait to go back again and again to where we were married.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures. (I loved my photographer, it was the one splurge for me because I needed awesome pictures from an awesome place! Plus, she was one of those fall into place things, we got way more then we paid for!)

I have over 1200 pictures, its so hard to pick favorites! Anyone else wanna share?
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

wow! 1200 pics!!! LOL....thats awesome! They are very beautiful and they look very romantic!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Those pictures are beautiful! And soooo romantic! WOW!!!!

I love all your wedding stories! Especially that you all had small weddings! Your stories are an inspiration! Thanks for that! :)
I was at a wedding rather recently and it was a big affair with about a hundred guests and now there's on thing I know for my wedding (no plans for a wedding so far but you never know... ;) ): no more than 50 people. Better less if we can manage that! Too many guests is just stressful! Besides, I have a difficult family (divorced parents and all the problems that stem from that) so the less people I would invite the less stressful and problematic I would be!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

lag28wa wrote:Yes MANY details on your Rob encounter please!!!! I imagine him to be incredibly charming in a bashful, gee gosh way. At least that's how he seems in interviews.
Rob definitely does not do well with screaming girls. Poor thing. I felt pretty badly for him.

We got there at 1:30 for the 7:15 showing, to be in the front of the line for tickets, so we were literally there all day. But, it was worth it because I got some photos of Rob...and the first time I saw him in person, standing there in front of me, he looked in my general direction and I swear to you: I was dazzled. :D I literally forgot to breathe for a second. He's even more handsome in person, despite his crazy hair (and it was totally crazy last night, but that's ok).

The Q&A was a bit awkward, because Rob himself is pretty awkward. A little girl was there and asked for a hug and then burst into tears when he gave her one and he was kind of like, "um, what do I do?" and then a few people asked about "Twilight" instead of "How To Be" and I don't know how well that went over.

He seems very sweet, and signed everything from programs to "How To Be" cards to Twilight Books. And have I mentioned that he's gorgeous? Oh right, ok.

After the autograph signing he had to run because he supposedly had an early flight, but a friend and I were nowhere near tired, so we went downtown, and ended up at the hotel where a lot of the workers from the Austin Film Festival were hanging out. I saw the writer/director come in and went up to talk to him and my friend and I ended up spending the whole night with him and his friends. Unfortunately, Rob stayed up in his hotel room; the director (Oliver Irving) is totally adorable and said he had texted Rob asking him to come down, but Rob responded that he was meeting with his manager (Boo for me).

It was nuts. We had so much fun. Oliver's a really cool guy and Rob seemed a bit overwhelmed at the screening/autograph signing but he's so swoonworthy in person ... *sigh*. We also made some local friends, just random folks who were working for the Festival, so that's cool, too.

Here's a picture. I don't have a good editing program to fix the red eye, but whatevs. :)

I couldn't have imagined a more fun evening.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Yummy! He had a little scruff going on! Lucky girl! Thanks for sharing that is really awesome!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

Sounds like you had a great time la_tua_cantante!! I have heard that Rob does not do well with screaming girls... over on the Twilight Mom's website he would only come out if he knew he wasn't going to get mobbed. That makes him even cuter though, the fact that he doesn't really do well with all the attention means that he isn't really egotistical. Poor Lynzeee tried to go and got the wrong tickets and didn't get to see him!

awesomejen those are some amazing photos!! You and your dress are gorgeous!! That sounds like a wonderful wedding. I think I want a destination wedding as well. Go to a beach somewhere with just some family members, maybe a few friends and have a wonderfully romantic wedding. Perfect in my opinion.

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

kkswmmr114 wrote:Sounds like you had a great time la_tua_cantante!! I have heard that Rob does not do well with screaming girls... over on the Twilight Mom's website he would only come out if he knew he wasn't going to get mobbed. That makes him even cuter though, the fact that he doesn't really do well with all the attention means that he isn't really egotistical. Poor Lynzeee tried to go and got the wrong tickets and didn't get to see him!
A friend of a friend went to the set when they were filming and got to meet the cast, all except Rob. When they went to get him, the security guys were like, "Do not scream, do not freak out, or he won't talk with you for very long, because he's shy and isn't comfortable with that". Makes sense to me... I mean, I wouldn't want some random person screaming in my face, but he's going to have to develop a pretty thick skin, I think. Once the movie comes out, he and Kristen are going to be superstars, and neither of them do well with crazed fans.

And kkswmmr114, we DEFINITELY had an awesome time. :)
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

That is so great! I could tell that he would be like that. I agree that he might have to come to terms with it pretty quick because he's already popular and going to be even more so! Its endearing that he is so sheepish about his stardom and ADORING fans. I would like someone screaming/crying/hyperventilating in my face either though.

Jen- your wedding sounds magical! Isn't it great how things work out like that? We were originally going to do a courthouse thing and then a wedding later. It kind of evolved though, a Navy wife gave me the name of a company that did beach weddings and could do them on short notice. You could customize how large or small you wanted your affair to be. Originally we thought this would be a great alternative to the courthouse because the scenery would be pretty and we could take some nice pictures for the family members that wouldn't be able to make it. I was just going to wear a white cotton dress and then we were going to go to a really nice restaurant afterwards. They didn't take reservations so I thought we'd just show up. My mom, being my mom called the restaurant and told them what we had in mind, they immediately offered us their private dining room for no charge. This is a $50 a plate type of place and all the sudden they wanted to cater to us. The girl told my mom to drop off whatever decorations or cake and they would take care of the rest. I thought they were just being polite, but they weren't kidding. I also ordered a simple dress online because I wanted something more special than the wrinkled cotton dress I had. I ordered two because I wasn't sure which size would fit better, but one of them fit perfect. I ordered a bouquet and then my mom called afterwards and ordered a floral centerpiece for our table.

On the day of the wedding my mom, dad, and I were running around picking up flowers, cake, getting nails and hair done etc. We went to Michaels because I wanted to get some candles or something to put on the cake table, we grabbed some glass hurricanes, ribbon, and sea glass and didn't have time to assemble them. We brought a plain white cake, and a bag of crap from Michaels, we didn't have time to put the topper or flowers on the cake, but the girl said "Leave it here, our pastry chef would love to take care of it for you". They did an AMAZING job, they assembled the centerpieces, decorated the room and the cake better than we could have ever done! And I found out after the fact-since my parents paid for the dinner, they didn't charge us a thing to do that stuff. They washed my cake server and champagne classes. They attended to our every need. I'm sure my dad left them a big tip!

We had my parents, his mom and step dad and two couples that are our closest friends. My brother and his step siblings couldn't make it and that's sad. Only some of his family members and his step sister were upset. To this day his step sister has not said congratulations. We talked about doing a renewel later to which her response was "Its not the same!" Well too bad. Right now neither of us want to do a renewal any time soon, our wedding day was perfect as it was. He gets limited time off from the military during the holidays and is not allowed to take leave during the rest of the year, so it would be really difficult for us. We realized that if we did it we'd be stressing and spending money on something that wasn't really for us, we'd rather spend the time we do have visiting and enjoying family and friends instead of putting on a production.

Here are some photos.
Walking down my aisle
Saying vows
Time for the kiss
My favorite photo
Our wonderful guests

Sorry so long!! And yes, that is my dad that is freakishly tall, I did not inherit those genes!
Last edited by lag28wa on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
lag28wa

Post by lag28wa »

Sorry for the double post but I had to add a picture of the magic they did with our cake!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
pubesy

Post by pubesy »

poor rob..... i am the same way with him. i hate attention being poured onto me.

to me Kirsten seems kind of stand-off ish. She comes across as abrasive. is that just me?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis