Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Kachiti wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:excuse me kachiti, but i'm really sick of your personal digs at me.

FIRST of all, what is it exactly that you think i'm not understanding?

i understand that edward was terrified of losing bella, that he was afraid for her, and that he loved her very much, and that those are the things that moved him to act the way he did, rather than any negative character trait other than a tendency towards over-reaction. what more is there kachiti?

is it possible that maybe i'm considering this from an objective point of view because we judge right and wrong objectively? or we should. we can judge whether or not things are excusable with a bias, but right and wrong need to be on a different level, so to speak. so if i say that what edward did was wrong, that's on a different level of emotion than when i say that what edward did was excusable in light of the circumstances.

before you ladies decide to rip apart my posts on account of the fact that i haven't lived through abuse, get your facts straight. i have. i resent this dismissal of my opinions, and all the reasons that have been stated that were meant to make my opinions non-valid.

pubesy, i assure you, i am judging based on the entirety of the situation leading up to the situation in eclipse. what exact scene do you think i am referring to? because i've based my opinions on edward's behavior here on things that happened all the way back to the end of new moon. i'm not taking this scene as a huge example of edward's character as i've stated over and over again but i AM saying that in THIS PARTICULAR INSTANCE, he was wrong. so i'm not entirely sure what you meant by that.

and i am not the only one using the word abuse kachiti. i understand that you don't like what i'm saying, but please.
I'm not going to argue with you, because we rarely see eye to eye. I'm simply asking you to find another word to use. As I stated before the word is having a negative effect on this thread.
Okay you two defenetaly don't see eye to eye cuz i have heard you two bicker back and forth for a while now and i just think that you should simmer down a little bit.... everybody here is just posting there own oppinions on things and if one of you doesn't like what the other one is doing and it really bothers you then you should take the problem up to the administators but please were all here to have a good time and just get out oppinions out there all i'm asking is for you two to be a little calmer and a little more cool headed...please for all of our sakes....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Moonlit Sunlight, I love your avatar! How very Edward! :D
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

moonlit sunlight, you're right. i may not be able to control the actions of others, but i can control my own, and i apologize. as far as i was concerned, i was simply posting my opinions.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Ok ladies, it's time to let the abuse debate end. And at this point it has become a debate and not just discussion. It's ok to state your opinion and to back it up with examples and give reasons why you feel the way you do. What's not ok is trying to convince everyone that your opinion is the right one. Everyone interprets a book/situation differently based on their experiences and preferences. There aren't any right or wrong opinions. I don't expect you all to agree on whether or not Edward is abusive or if his actions constituted abuse. But I do expect you all to agree to disagree and be civil about it. Everyone has had ample opportunity to state their opinions and give reasons for their opinions so I want this thread to move on to another topic.
twilight813 wrote:lets try and start a new Edward topic if we possibly can.. let me think hmm.. what about Edward's romantic side and the little things he does for Bella.. like the scene where is going to propose and he already has the ring, like basically waiting for her.. so cute. romantic.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Meadow scence at the end of eclipse. I likes it because, for once it was EDWARD who was being irresponsible! Yay!! :D
Last edited by Jazziscool on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I agree, that whole scene was just like WOW. He was so worried about her doing for everyone else that he was willing to do away with his plans, for her...so sweet.
And she most definatly had more self-control then any female I know to tell him no ;)
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:I agree, that whole scene was just like WOW. He was so worried about her doing for everyone else that he was willing to do away with his plans, for her...so sweet.
And she most definatly had more self-control then any female I know to tell him no ;)
Ditto-
pshht, I even think she should not have said no. The consequences would have been horrible, true, but that moment was better than Emse's Isle's moment because on the Island was expected. But in the meadow it was like "How SWEET!!! He really would do anything for her, even give up something he wanted badly, like marrage."On the Island, he HAD to keep his part of the deal-he agreed to it, and Bella already fullfilled her side. In the meadow he's giving to Bella "no strings attached".
Last edited by Jazziscool on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I think what made it so sweet was like Jazziscool said, it was selfless and unexpected. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure he was looking forward to that moment just as much as she was but I think because he was willing to give up what he wanted so badly for her made it so much more of an "awww" moment.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
taltosgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by taltosgirl »

edward... swoon... why are people arguing about EDWARD?!?!

he is so...gasp... amazing.

for peace sake people he G L I T E R S.

that is all that really matters. oh and the movie comes out in less than a month!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!!
swimming w/ my edward
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

taltosgirl wrote:edward... swoon... why are people arguing about EDWARD?!?!

he is so...gasp... amazing.

for peace sake people he G L I T E R S.

that is all that really matters. oh and the movie comes out in less than a month!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!!
first of all your avi is hilarious.. im like cracking up.. second of all YAY for movie coming out in less then a month today! and third.. i think when in Eclipse Victoria comes back and Bella and Edward are walking in the woods to spread her scent and they are talking about their wedding and he says that he wants what she wants.. like honestly wow.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3