What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

What did I think??

WOW

enough said.
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
draco117
Settled in Forks

Post by draco117 »

I agree with the aforementioned WOW. I remeber seeing SM talk about the books on tv. Had a dream where Bella told me to read them. I went to the store the next day and bought Twilight, I read and bought each book for the next three days afterwards. I even ran out of money and borrowed some from my little sister (9 years old) to get Eclipse in return for a brother sister date to the movies. Which reminds me, I need to pay up.
Vanessa Wolfe
Settled in Forks

Post by Vanessa Wolfe »

I was working at a garage sale with some of my friends last year, and my one friend, Carolyn, was reading Twilight. I asked her about it, and she had just started it, so she just said it was about vampires. Hearing this, I never thought I'd read it. Later (not on the same day), I was at dance class, and I was finishing up a library book. One of the girls told me to read Twilight. Last Thanksgiving, I was in Disney World with my best friend, and she recommended Twilight, but figured I probably wouldn't like it considering it's about vampires.

After hearing all of these people tell me how great the book was, I still hadn't picked it up yet. Right before winter break, I went to the library and stocked up on books...at least I attempted to. I couldn't find anything that sparked my attention, so I saw Twilight, and finally decided to read it. I figured if it got too weird, I'd return it, and wouldn't have it staring at me from my bookshelf. (By now, you've probably figured out I'm a huge coward. Ha! Well, I just hate horror...I enjoy fantasy though.)

I got so immersed in Twilight. Since I was on break, I didn't have any school work, so I'd lay on the couch and read for hours. I was really intrigued by the story. Stephenie Meyer's writing and story was the best thing I'd read in a long time! Obviously, it didn't take me too long to finish the book. I made my dad promise me the day after Christmas, he'd drive me over to Barnes and Nobles so I could buy the next books in the series.

I read New Moon, got depressed, but finished it, and was happy with the ended. I thought about the people who read the book when it first came out, and I had no idea how they were satisfied with the unanswered questions that were answered in Eclipse. I thought Eclipse was hilarious...don't ask me why. I have a weird sense of humor. By the time I finished, I'd begged my friend to read the book, and she finally did. All 3 of my best friends had now finished the series, up until Eclipse.

When Breaking Dawn came out, we were all on a vacation in Alaska together! We reserved four books, and went to the midnight release party in Anchorage. One of my friends had Twilight hoodies made for us. My little sister was pressured into dressing up as Jane (she hasn't read the books), since the rest of us were all dressed up as characters.

Overall, I love the series. Breaking Dawn surprised me quite a bit, but I still think the books are great. I'm a little tired of everyone at school reading them just because they've gotten popular. I mean, it's great that more people are aware of Twilight and are actuallyl READING, not because of homework assignments. I just hate when everyone follows one trend, but at least Twilight is getting people into reading. Okay, I'm done typing my ridiculously long post. :-P

*If you didn't feel like reading that entire thing, here's the summary: I LOVE THE SERIES! Stephenie Meyer is a great writer, and I read all the books consecutively, through dinner and every other disturbance...well, except Breaking Dawn because I had to wait for it to come out.
nessie21
Settled in Forks

Post by nessie21 »

Well, after I read the "Twilight Saga", I realized that I had to make some confessions..

First, Edward IS a fictional character.

Second, there is a part of me, and I DO know how dominant that part is, that I don't care and will still go to Forks and jump in front of vans, walk alone in dark alleys, ride motorcycles, jump off cliffs and take part in other EXTREME SPORTS, waiting for Edward.

And third, I am unconditionally, irrevocably…and WRETCHEDLY in love with him! (Forever and ever AMEN!)

LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol:
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course."-Bella
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

nessie21 wrote:Well, after I read the "Twilight Saga", I realized that I had to make some confessions..

First, Edward IS a fictional character.

Second, there is a part of me, and I DO know how dominant that part is, that I don't care and will still go to Forks and jump in front of vans, walk alone in dark alleys, ride motorcycles, jump off cliffs and take part in other EXTREME SPORTS, waiting for Edward.

And third, I am unconditionally, irrevocably…and WRETCHEDLY in love with him! (Forever and ever AMEN!)

LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol:
LOL cute!!!
SM made us all wish these characters existed. Her characters are lovable and you end up caring for them more than anybody should of fictional characters!!!
Her writing style really make you feel their emotions off the page. I cried with Bella, laughed and cried with Jacob, hurt with Edward etc.
Gina
Settled in Forks

Post by Gina »

Tell us what you thought at first, where you interested in reading a YA book?, did you know it was about vampires? etc.

I honestly lived in B&N when I was in school. There is a huge one right around the corner, so to kill the two hours I had after work and before classes, I would go there and study. I used to see the SM endcap and table ALL the time. I am not ashamed to say I am a new fan, because the only reason I noticed the book was because Breaking Dawn was coming out in a few months.

I used to pass the books ALL the time, but YA? Not me.

Me and the boyfriend went to see a movie, can't remember which one, but what I DO remember is the Twilight trailer. I turned to my boyfriend and squealed "OMG Its Cedric!!" (I am very partial to Hufflepuffs ;) ) RoPat, I'm ALL there.

The next Monday, instead of reciting the conjgation of my Spanish verbs, I made a bee-line to the SM table and picked up Twilight.

The rest, my dears, are history.
"I look at my… son. His strength, his goodness, the brightness that shines out of him—and it only fuels that hope, that faith, more than ever. How could there not be more for one such as Edward?" - Carlisle Cullen, New Moon
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

At first when I read Twilight I didnt know that it was a series :roll: .... The only reason I had read it was because my friend all but bit my head off trying to force me to read it.But before that i didnt want to read it because my friend had mentioned vampires and it scared the shoot out of me... I didnt expect to form an addiction to it ( yes ADDICTION... I have to read something from the series every day doesnt matter which book or page as long as its TWILIGHT!) :D :D Anyways I read half of it on a plane ride and finished it the next day after I arrived where i was going. I immediatly ripped the picture of New Moon out of the book and gave it to my cousin.. I didnt know if the book was available in Turkey but i thought what the heck...... Until I got the book which was about 2 weeks later I read Twilight over and over and over again. Finally I got the book and read it.... I couldnt get the third because it hadnt arrived in Turkey yet... I ended up borrowing the two other books from my friend when i came back and read them both in one week...Then i bought the them so that i could read them whenever i want. I thanked my friend at the end of the series... If she hadnt suggested the book who knows maybe i would have been clueless about Twilight!Now i force all my friends to read the book.. Im creating twilightaholics... In fact one of my friends mother took the book from her daughters room and started reading it now she is on the second book and her daughter didnt even finish the first :lol:

But i never expected it to be so good now i compare most of my books to Twilight.... Ithink its the best book ill ever read in my entire life... I fell in love with the characters and had a hard time excepting the fact that they were fake. When my friend and i discuss the characters we discuss them as if they are real people... Were thinking about joining group therapy for Twilight Fans cuz otherwise we will never get over the book especially after all the movies come out were going to need *Serious tie me up and lock me in a white room in a crazy hospital therapy!* :lol:

JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE THERAPY!
nessie21
Settled in Forks

Post by nessie21 »

I totally see it the way you have described. My least favorite part was when Meyer's wrote "The End"...I don't want it to end, which is why I keep reading the books over and over, come to this website, watch the trailer a billion times. I don't want to let it go...and why should we? I love twilight, and will never get enough!! :D
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course."-Bella
ILY_E.C_4EVA
Wandering Through Town

Post by ILY_E.C_4EVA »

BlueStarlight wrote:
My least favorite part of the series.... the words "the end."[/color]
I no i seriously almost cried and my friend went into this almost denial that it was over
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
"Stupid, Shiny Volvo Owner"
"Penguins, Lovely."
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

An obsession.