Twilight Saga Q&A

waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I don't think he would have drunk any of her blood. He was in such a hurry to bite her where the circulation was best I doubt he would even think to drink any of her blood. He might have had what flowed into his mouth from the bite but I imagine that is it.
And I think he might have actually left he side when she was pregnant but only when Rosalie went...or something like that, I don't have my copy of BD so I can't check.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Bubbles wrote:New Question- Breaking Dawn spoilers... Not that you all haven't read it already...

In Breaking Dawn, when Edward changes Bella, do his eyes change color? Did he actually drink her blood or just bite her so that the venom would do it's work? If he drank her blood it probably would have been out of his system within the 3 days of her waking up, would it not? Did he go hunting while she was transforming? As you recall he was very drained prior to transforming her because he hadn't left her side since she realized she was pregnant, meaning he didn't hunt since their honey moon....

As mentioned in the previous books, by that time Edward was way past wanting to drink Bella's blood- no matter how good it tasted to him. He was so set on keeping Bella alive and the thought of her dying pained him so much that i'm positive the thought of drinking her blood didn't even cross his mind. Not only this, but she was dying- and at a rapid pace, Edward's mind was completely focused on saving Bella. I'm pretty sure he just bit her and didn't even pay attention to allowing the blood stay in his mouth- maybe he just let it drip off her arm?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Renee84
Settled in Forks

Post by Renee84 »

Ok here's my question:

SPOILERS!!!!

In Breaking Dawn, what exactly restarted Bella's heart? I know that in order for the venom to spread, the heart has to beat, so of course performing CPR can bend the rules a little bit. But was it the venom that started her heart or simply the CPR? I figure that the venom has healing properties but it can only do so much, like Carlise said.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Renee84 wrote:Ok here's my question:

SPOILERS!!!!

In Breaking Dawn, what exactly restarted Bella's heart? I know that in order for the venom to spread, the heart has to beat, so of course performing CPR can bend the rules a little bit. But was it the venom that started her heart or simply the CPR? I figure that the venom has healing properties but it can only do so much, like Carlise said.
I think both. Edward did CPR on her until the venom was able to heal her body enough so it could survive the transformation...
ImageImage
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Edward moved very quickly to save Bella...he would just bite her to break the skin and get his venom in...and then seal her wound with the venom on his tongue. He probably only got a little taste of the blood.

Jacob was doing CPR for awhile to keep her blood (venom) flowing and when he left I think the venom just had worked enough of its magic by then ;)
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

MRK wrote:
faith_may wrote:
mlola619 wrote:
faith_may wrote:
debussygirl wrote:
faith_may wrote:I have a question about Billy.

Does anybody know why Billy is on a wheelchair?
He has diabetis (don't think I spelled that right.)
That doesn't put him on a wheelchair, it just makes impossible for him to eat food that has sugar, it would not make him paralyzed.

Maybe he had an accident? I really can't think of anything else. And I really want to know, ever since I read Twilight and I found out that he was on a wheelchair I have had that question on my mind.

For some reason i have the feeling it says somewhere in the series *not sure which book* that he was involved in some kind of accident...this investigation is pending, haha
I actually think that he was, but that's problem, I can't be sure. I read the books more than once and I don't remember reading anything about him having an accident. That's why I post the question (LOL)maybe somebody else knows.
In the Stephenie Meyer Personal Cor. section she says Billy did have diabetes...he lost all feeling in his limbs because of damage to his nerves...but will not get his legs amputated.
Billy had diabetes (per SM), he was not in an accident AND he was NOT paralyzed! He just lost use of his legs because he did not take care of the diabetes. (See page 301 of New Moon "Billy was leaning around an open doorway just off the little kitchen,...not in his chair yet".) He probably needed the chair because he couldn't stand for long periods of time, or had trouble walking distances.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

MRK wrote:Edward moved very quickly to save Bella...he would just bite her to break the skin and get his venom in...and then seal her wound with the venom on his tongue. He probably only got a little taste of the blood.

Jacob was doing CPR for awhile to keep her blood (venom) flowing and when he left I think the venom just had worked enough of its magic by then ;)
Didn't Edward take over the CPR when Jacob left? Ugh! I wish I had my book with me!
ImageImage
Misty
Settled in Forks

Post by Misty »

ShadowNIN wrote:
MRK wrote:Edward moved very quickly to save Bella...he would just bite her to break the skin and get his venom in...and then seal her wound with the venom on his tongue. He probably only got a little taste of the blood.

Didn't Edward take over the CPR when Jacob left? Ugh! I wish I had my book with me!

Yeah, edward started doing CRP when Jacob left. Carlisle even comments about how would have given up but Edward didn't.
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Misty wrote:
ShadowNIN wrote:

Yeah, edward started doing CRP when Jacob left. Carlisle even comments about how would have given up but Edward didn't.
Oh good! Thanks! Now my day can resume! LOL!!
ImageImage
Bubbles
Settled in Forks

Post by Bubbles »

New Question - Sorry my daughter keeps waking me up in the middle of the night and these come to me while I'm trying to go back to sleep at 4am.

So what do you think the back story is behind Renee and Charlie? Obviously they married and bought a house in Forks at a young age (I'm guessing they were HS sweet hearts - correct me if I'm wrong), but were they born and raised in forks? To me, Renee doesn't seem like she would have left Charlie and Forks if she grew up there, but if they didn't grow up there how did they end up there? Also, Bella's grandparent's aren't mentioned but I think if they were living in Forks she would have visited them so that also increases my suspicion that they didn't grow up there... What are your thoughts?