Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: If there is a New Moon

Post by soozabooza54 »

Haha... "epic fail"... that made me laugh... but not AT you, WITH you... um... right? ;)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
crashing_waves
Settled in Forks

Post by crashing_waves »

Bill Nighy is the one singing Christmas is all around us, right? :lol:

But isn't Caius the only one with white hair? So wouldn't that make Aro and Marcus a little younger when they were changed? I'm not really sure about their age, but if they were in their 20s/early 30s, we should get two good looking Italian actors or something to play Aro and Marcus 8-)
urcoolcarrie wrote:you should post links to those pictures. :)
1. The clocktower seen from the square
2. Other side of the square Clock tower is the small thingy on the right
3. Some dark looking entrance to the tower
4. Tower from afar
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

crashing_waves wrote:Bill Nighy is the one singing Christmas is all around us, right? :lol:

But isn't Caius the only one with white hair? So wouldn't that make Aro and Marcus a little younger when they were changed? I'm not really sure about their age, but if they were in their 20s/early 30s, we should get two good looking Italian actors or something to play Aro and Marcus 8-)
Yeah...Christmas is all around us, it's in the air...He was very funny in that movie. Maybe SM pictured them as younger, but not me, so thats why I see Bill in that role...I just can't picture a younger Volturi...just can't, so I guess if they do cast younger folks I'll have to adjust to them. I thought Marcus was the only non-white haired Volturi, I'm going to look tonight fter work unless someone wants to do it before then. :::bats eyes so sweetly:::
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

crashing_waves wrote: 1. The clocktower seen from the square
2. Other side of the square Clock tower is the small thingy on the right
3. Some dark looking entrance to the tower
4. Tower from afar
Wow! I absolutely love Italy, I vacationed there once and it was the most amazing experience! It would be incredible if New Moon had a bit higher budget and they could actually film scenes in Volterra, but that's probably doubtful :? Those pictures are great, thanks for sharing! The one with the "dark looking entrance" really made it New Moon-ish to me.
awesomejen1 wrote:Yeah...Christmas is all around us, it's in the air...He was very funny in that movie. Maybe SM pictured them as younger, but not me, so thats why I see Bill in that role...I just can't picture a younger Volturi...just can't, so I guess if they do cast younger folks I'll have to adjust to them. I thought Marcus was the only non-white haired Volturi, I'm going to look tonight fter work unless someone wants to do it before then. :::bats eyes so sweetly:::
Aro & Marcus have black hair, Caius has white. I think maybe it was the description of their skin and the general aura of ancientness that they give off, but I can't picture them as young either... I envision more 50's +, maybe 40's +.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
MrsFutureCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsFutureCullen »

Idk what I would do if they dont continue with the movies I really want to see them!!!! I hope that they continue the series I would love to see the face Bella makes when she sees Alice. I want to watch the castle and stuff of the Volterra thats going to be sooo coool!!! DUDE I cant wait....ugh IM DIEING to see the movie!!!!
What if Im not a superhero....What if Im the bad guy?"
-Edward aka Future Boyfriend
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

switzgal wrote:Don't know where to post this but anybody know if the words "New Moon" mentioned in the book?
We all know the word "Twilight" was mentioned in the book Twilight and in Eclipse, the word "Eclipse" was mentioned when Jacob said it in the end.
I also couldn't find the words "Breaking Dawn" in BD. But who knows if SM meant to do that to each book.
OK, I can never leave a Twilight challenge untouched. Yes, new moon is mentioned in chapter 3, pg 74, when Bella is laying down in the forest after Edward leaves. :cry:

"Perhaps there was no moon tonight -- a lunar eclipse, a new moon. A new moon. I shivered, though I wasn't cold."

I personally hated the absence of Edward in New Moon, in fact I hated it so much that when I re-read the series I just totally skipped over half of New Moon so I wouldn't miss Edward. Well, when I read the series the third time, after Breaking Dawn came out and I knew how it all ended, I reread New Moon in it's entirety, and I still missed Edward -- don't get me wrong -- but I enjoyed it SO much more!! I got to like Jacob more in Breaking Dawn, so reading about him and Bella in New Moon was just really . . . nice. I personally might be more excited for New Moon to be a movie than any of the other books!! I don't know why, but if I have a good cry in a movie then I love it that much more! And I have a feeling that Rob and Kristen could send me into hysterics with their amazing acting!!

Oh, and I'm not sure whether Breaking Dawn is mentioned in that book. *going to do more research*
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

New Moon was my least favorite book...no Edward, too much whining, too much Jacob...but if New Moon gets made, my hope would be Eclipse would be made, which is my very favorite book!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
UnfreakinBelievable

soozabooza54 wrote:Straight from Melissa Rosenberg (Twilight screenwriter)...

There's already talk of New Moon being on the production slate. Are you going to be involved with that, if it's happening?
I would be, yes. But you have to understand, nothing is official yet. We're not announcing it, and it's not a final conversation yet. This is all still in the works. But if and when it happens, I will be involved in it, yes. And I'm just thrilled. I'm such a huge fan of Stephenie's work and this vivid world that she creates. It's so complete and so rich and complex emotionally. It's just a delightful world to play in. As a reader I'm a huge fan, but as an adaptor, I couldn't ask for a better world to work with.

There you have it. :)
Whew!!! I'm breathing a sigh of relief having heard this. I heard that another screen writer before Melissa wrote a terrible script for Twilight -- involving Bella being a track star and the FBI appearing at some point. :roll:

Melissa has said, and many other people involved in the movie have said this as well, that she's trying to stick to the book as closely as possible -- and I know that Catherine Hardwicke is all about keeping it true to Stephenie's words as well.

I've seen this as someone's avatar somewhere and I thought it was hilarious:
Twilight: mess up the movie and die :evil:

That's how I feel!! LOL
UnfreakinBelievable

tearsoftopaz wrote:
jlbower79 wrote:Volterra is probably going to be one of the most exciting parts of all the movies because it's like the only thing "away" from the 'real' world of humans and is the 'real' world of vampires. It'll be the only part where we get to see what 'normal' vampire lives are like instead of the Cullens... and it's going to take place in a really awesome place... you know, where's it not green. I just think it's going to be neat to see.

I wonder if Kristen and Rob will go visit while they're in Rome?
Do you think they'll actually film it in Rome? That would be amazing!!! I seriously hope they do now-- they have to have the clocktower and everything. I've read that part so many times- Bella running as fast as she can through all the people and finally, she sees Edward!!! Hooray!

I really, really hope they can go to Volterra, Italy to film. I was just thinking the other day when I heard that Catherine, Rob, and Kristen were all going to be in Rome to a Twilight panel or something -- can't they just swing by Volterra and do some New Moon filming now? You know, just in case??? It'll save them air fare later . . .
LOL
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I hope they can go to Volterra too, that would be awesome, at least to film the outdoor scenes, they might have to do some of the crazy indoor Voltera castle scenes on a production set.

I think after the see the turnout for Twilight they will be able to have a bigger budget for when they do New Moon, yes? We should all help by seeing the movie multiple times!!!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium