Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Ally_Cat »

I read MS about a month ago and even though it is only partially finished it is still great! I'm ready to read it again and catch things i missed the first go through.

One of my favorite parts - its just a small bit- but it is when Emmett and Jasper are playing chess. He is continually complaining about not playing w/ Alice or Edward b/c the cheat. But there is Alice sitting behind Emmett telling Jasper all of Emmett's moves. I thought it was great :lol:

Something that confused me though was how Edward couldn't clearly hear Charlie's voice, but in the published saga Edward can hear Charlie. My thought is that, since this is a draft, it might not be the most recent just the same version of the leaked MS and maybe she changed he mind. Anyone else wonder about Charlie's hard to read mind in MS?
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ally_Cat wrote:I read MS about a month ago and even though it is only partially finished it is still great! I'm ready to read it again and catch things i missed the first go through.

One of my favorite parts - its just a small bit- but it is when Emmett and Jasper are playing chess. He is continually complaining about not playing w/ Alice or Edward b/c the cheat. But there is Alice sitting behind Emmett telling Jasper all of Emmett's moves. I thought it was great :lol:

Something that confused me though was how Edward couldn't clearly hear Charlie's voice, but in the published saga Edward can hear Charlie. My thought is that, since this is a draft, it might not be the most recent just the same version of the leaked MS and maybe she changed he mind. Anyone else wonder about Charlie's hard to read mind in MS?
I tought about that to. But I figured that since he could hear them a little, especially of Charlie got upset, it would be enough for what he sais he hears in Twilight. In the rest of the books he seems to hear more, but that figures to since he said it's easier to hear someone you've listened to alot. And since there's noone else to listen to all those nights waching Bella sleep, I guess he has to be very use to Charlies "voice" by now.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I think Charlie's mind is harder for Edward to hear (especially in the beginning) but not impossible. As Edward gets to know Charlie better, it becomes easier for him to hear Charlie. I say this because it is said throughout the books that Bella is the ONLY one Edward can not hear.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

^^ Those are good points spookybell & wingtear.
I hope if SM finishes Midnight Sun she expands on this. It all makes Edwards power and perspective so much more interesting and complex.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

Amazing... this was a great idea on SM part. I love the whole Edward, Alice difiance. I love how Alice is allways too over-inthusastic about meeting bella... or the meeting in the living room and Alice had to TELL him that he was in love with Bella. :lol: (i think he would have figured it out 8-) )

Dose anyone elese want to get very angery at Rose and Jazz! They shouldnt have even thought about killing bella!Also the insight to the cullen clan is awsome, you get to see there true personalities comming through (not like any twiharder didnt see it anywho..) like Emmett you realy get to see how much of a joker and a big brother he is i llove it :D

anyone agree?? love caomb (aka cullensallovamybinda) :twisted:
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
StealMoments
Settled in Forks

Post by StealMoments »

*Bloodlust*-
I completely agree with you about "Iris"! It completely fits Edward's narration!!

Ok, so I'm in LOVE with the first 12 chapters of MS!! Edward's perspective is amazing! I know this is asking too much of SM, but if she wrote the whole series again in Edward's POV, I think it would be better than EVER!

His insecurities are so lovable. And I feel I can better understand him. I now get why he had to leave in NM (something I always had a problem with). I never knew that he loved Bella as much as he does. He's obsessive just like Bella is about him.

I love, love, LOVE it!!!

SM- Please, PLEASE (!!!) finish it!!
"Her existance alone was excuse enough to justify the creaction of the entire world."
Dark_Heart
Settled in Forks

Post by Dark_Heart »

Maybe I'm not as die-hard as you all are about MS, but I'm not gonna read it until it's been published. SM didn't intend for us to read it this way, which may account for some discrepencies you've all found. Despit my lust for Edward, I won't read it until SM wants us too, because otherwise it's not really the Ed I love.
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

Maybe I'm terrible, but I barely hesitated to read MS and I'm so glad I read it! You really get an insight into the Cullen world that you don't get otherwise, even in Eclipse and BD. I really liked getting to know Esme a little bit better. I think one of my favorite parts was when Edward was composing Bella's Lullaby and the was Esme responded to it...so sweet. I also loved the Alice/Edward relationship...made me miss my brother!
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight
Evil Guppies
Settled in Forks

Post by Evil Guppies »

I couldn't help myself and read it even though it was just a draft. Wow, it was so amazing seeing everything from Edward's point of view and getting to know all of the Cullens better.
It also made me like Alice even more than I already did, how she was all impatient about meeting Bella.

But....I HATE how it left me hanging!!! I wanted to read the meadow scene from his point of view and kept hoping the draft went that far. I really hope SM finishes it one day, because it is definitely worth finishing. Err...and because I'm itching to read the rest of it! Well, all of it really, the finished product.
MyHusbandIsMyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyHusbandIsMyEdward »

Evil Guppies, I totally agree! I loved how we found out why Alice was so super perky when she was first getting to know Bella--I loved that how eager she was to have Bella as her friend more than anything about her in the other books. And I, too, was thinking the whole time while I read that I just wanted it to include the Meadow scene. I just started reading Twilight again and today the whole time I was reading the chapter at the meadow I was thinking "what is Edward thinking? WHAT IS HE THINKING????" Haha...
"'I can't explain it right...but he's even more unbelievable behind the face.' The vampire who wanted to be good -- who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster..." -Twilight