What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

everlong wrote:An obsession.
Sums it up perfectly..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:
Sums it up perfectly..
wow. What more is there to possibly say?
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

When I first read twilight I was completely obsessed. My mom read a review about it and bought it for me as a prezzie randomly. I instantly fell in love.
I was so addicted it was unbeliveable, however, as I think about the whole saga now, I really wish Stephanie had stuck with her origanial plans and only written it as two books because I hated New Moon and wasn't that fussed with Elipse. Breaking Dawn wasn't the best either. It was a real shame because Twilight was such an amazing book; there just wasn't enough material to be draged out for this long. :arrow: :cry: :cry:
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
ibelievealice
Settled in Forks
Location: in my Porshe driving around Seattle looking for the mall!

Post by ibelievealice »

I have read the Harry Potter books and love them and frequent their site. I saw an article about how critics were calling SM the next JKR. I was a bit skeptical! I am an adult, I read many books from many different genre's, and when something seems interesting I read it and form my own oppinion. I have a 14 year old son, so I asked him if he wanted to read the book and he shrugged and said, "Sure." I went to a book store after about a week and saw some girls standing by the Twilight book, so I proceeded to ask them what they thought about the book. I could have easily covered my ears and still heard them gushing on and on about how great they are. Laughing at this point I picked it up and thought why not?! I actually forgot about it for about a month, and I had just finished a book and was looking for something else to read, so I picked it up and started reading it. That was all it took, the next day I went back to the bookstore and bought the next two in the series, and had them all read within the week!! I got my 12 year old to read them and my son read them, I told friends, relatives, even my 67 year old mother read them!! Every body loves them! For me its not just the characters that hooked me... its the story. The story about loving someone you shouldn't. The power of love. About the sacrifices you make for the ones you can't live without, and how in the end, if you believe, it will all end up the way it should.

I have heard people critique SM writing style and ability, but to that I say this... SM has captured our hearts and our minds in this story, no less than brilliant writer can weave a story with words the way that she has. No writer who "has a long way to go" can make a person laugh, cry, smile, and hurt as if we are right there with the characters or are the characters. SM is a GREAT and BRILLIANT writer who has written a love story that generations to come will read and fall in love with just like we did. :cry:
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

First, let's just say that I have OCD(Obsessive Cullen Disorder for you newbies) and it all started in August of this year. A few blogs that I read mentioned the first few Twilight books about a year or so ago, and I thought they sounded interesting and I wanted to read it. I knew it was about vampires and some teenagers named Bella and Edward that fall in love, and that Edward was a vampire. I had no idea it was a YA series. Well, I forgot about it and in the beginning of this August, I saw a trailer for the movie and I remembered I had wanted to read it. I thought about waiting for the movie, but decided I wanted to at least read the first book before the movie came out. Fast forward about 3 weeks and I had read the entire series. :mrgreen: And I have read them over and over, again and again since then. So, um, yeah, they rock! ;) The way SM writes the story and the characters are just amazing. I have a hard time reading other books(believe me, I've tried) because I get a little bored when Edward or any of the Cullens don't show up! :lol:
ImageImage
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

ibelievealice wrote: I have heard people critique SM writing style and ability, but to that I say this... SM has captured our hearts and our minds in this story, no less than brilliant writer can weave a story with words the way that she has. No writer who "has a long way to go" can make a person laugh, cry, smile, and hurt as if we are right there with the characters or are the characters. SM is a GREAT and BRILLIANT writer who has written a love story that generations to come will read and fall in love with just like we did. :cry:
Well put...I completely agree. They are YA books after all. Give SM a break people. Look how many people love these books and this story.
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

hahah i remembered my first time reading twilight. i didnt even know it was about vampires back then(i think. its so vague now).
i thought it would be some medieval book really. and how wrong i was.
after being bewitched by twilight's magic, i started on new moon and savoured every page really.
the same went for eclipse. I waited till i was really free(examinations over), and started on eclipse to really enjoy it.
i really really enjoyed it. heck, for a period of time i really really imagined that there really could be the Cullens, that all i had to do was wait. Hahah, i know.
i was also very excited about BD before it came out this year, and i had it shipped.
unfortunately, i came across some spoilers on a fanfiction web.
anyway, yeah BD was the longest out of the 4, but i felt it was kinda abrupt. but ah well, at least it gave some kind of closure about bella.(a vampire, finally.)
BD and Eclipse made me really learn to love Jacob. I used to so obstinate, edward all the way, i never really thought twice about J. But yeah, that changed.

and now.. well i guess twilight series still has that place in my heart.. but i dont fantasize much about edward and the vamps anymore. i used to dream about them, now hardly.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

I couldn't find better word myself.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I never thought that a measly book could make me feel this way.
Every waking and sleeping thought has to do with Twilight.
Dreams, thoughts, memories............All relate to twilight.
It's literally sad how bad it's gotten.................for all of us. :lol:
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Haha that's the only way i can describe it....for me i think the most compelling thing about these series is the passion i developed for each of the characters. Never in my life have i ever wanted for fictional characters to be real. I tried reading the Harry Potter books, and needless to say i wanted to shoot myself in the foot *sorry HP fans*. It just didn't interest me, i found no "hook" or interest in the books when i was reading them and couldn't help dozing off. I always abhorred reading, but finding these books has allowed me to take a different and more appreciative viewpoint on novels. I really enjoy SM's writing style and the story these books presented. We've all heard of love, but never have i heard of two people loving each other so much yet having the danger of getting to close and having one lover kill the other. It was really appealing to me in the sense that it had never been done before *or at least that i'd heard of*.

I REALLY enjoyed these books and the unconditional love that was presented in them- a true story in my opinion. These books always kept me guessing, and had me shocked when all my predictions came out to be COMPLETELY and TOTALLY off- lol i loved it!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...