Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by spookybell »

Hello - just saw a Twilight advertisment on TV - first time.... got a few differnet edits and clips of scenes. It's about 15 seconds... but I stopped dead in my tracks.... I bet it's on youtube
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

spookybell wrote:Hello - just saw a Twilight advertisment on TV - first time.... got a few differnet edits and clips of scenes. It's about 15 seconds... but I stopped dead in my tracks.... I bet it's on youtube
Is it the one that Blue posted just a little bit ago?!! Cause wow.,,,

I know, though, Ed would never have allowed panty-clad escapades in Bells bedroom. What the devil?
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

BlueStarlight wrote:Oh my word! Here is the link for TV Spot #2!!! Check out the bedroom scene!! Breathe....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6eH-P1Ogk
OH MY!! I don't recall the panties, either! There will definitely be some "upgrades" to this movie to make it more marketable, and the loss of ratty, old sweatpants must be just one of the things! Now, let's just make sure we see lots of Edward's bare chest! (Did I just type that?!)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Ouisa wrote:Why on Earth is Bella in her underwear?????????
Mr. Prudy Pants Edward would never allow that!

"Bella will you please stop trying to take off your shirt...."
my thoughts exactly! oh well.

24 days to go!!!!!

geez, it had better open in my city on the 21st...i would hate to have to pack up my crew and travel to the next closest city an hour away.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

I totally agree with all of you...Why is she in her underwear. Makes me very nervous about the movie.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Hey DGG's!

Long week, ending in a long weekend. Friday Night...FS's team won the Battle of the Bell! This is one of those rivalries where the winning team gets to keep some trophey of the victory until the other team can win it back. In this case it's a historical bell. Friday Night was so emotional for me. We had rain, we had a lightning delay, we had mud, we had all of the festivities, FS made the first TD of the game, and rushed for over 120 yards. He finished the season/year 18th overall in the conference for rushing and 7th in our division.

The hardest moment was spontaneous and came after the bell was rung by each senior and the coaches had said their words of wisdom. As a group, the seniors slid through the mud, becoming "one with the field." Then they ran together to the end zone, laid on their stomachs and kissed the grass before lining up in a row on the very edge of the field. As a group they took a giant step onto the track, their cleats making a scratching sound against the hard rubber, symbolically saying goodbye to the field and to high school football. They came, they played hard, and they were done. Most of them forever since they won't go on to play college ball. That's when I really lost it. FS was flying so high he even publically hugged me when he came out of the locker room with a smile on his face.

Saturday we got up at the crack of dawn and drove to Indiana for a recruiting trip at Butler University. They gave us a campus tour, got talks from the head coach, admissions and financial aid people, pre and post game sideline access and free admission to the game. It was their home coming game. At half time they paid tribute to athletes from the past. There was this one little old lady, she had to be at least eighty, who was as cute as could be in her bright red coat and earrings. I think she was a swimmer. The female basketball players still looked a little butch, but it was hard not to wonder what their lives had been like since they graduated.

I think going from high of Friday Night's game to the reality of college and the future that's coming all inside of 24 hours was really overwhelming to me. When we got home Saturday night, we had the neighborhood progressive Halloween Party. I was so glad I didn't have to teach Sunday School yesterday. I literally crashed all day yesterday. I'm letting FS stay home from school today. Mental Health Day.

QOTD: Do you take "mental health" days and how do you like to spend them? In the name of mental health, ya'll deserve happy thoughts so I give you Monday's PDS.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Nima I am glad to hear that you & FS are taking a mental health day, it sounds like you ahd a ver y full, very emotional weekend! On the subject of mental health days, that is a tricky one. For me it is more like mental health 1/2 days. S (hubby) and I don't live near family so we don't get a lot of reliable help for our boys. We take turns during the week to spend time away from the chaos of caring for 2 special needs kids. Every 3 or 4 months I go spend a weekend with family to "regroup". That is always a treat...a whole weekend dedicated to mental health! Its unconventional but it works out well.

BTW...nice PDS :twisted: Now I can go carve pumpkins with my boys (teacher work day) with that visual...mmm...
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Regarding the scene in the video clip. Out of the whole thing a 1/2 second scene of Bella in her panties has you all worried?

I am more worried about Bella's emotions coming across properly on screen! In the previews, she is always so serious! That scene when she is saying "I know what you are" is one I am referring to. In the book I don't remember her being that way. She was more nonchalant about it than anything!

nema,

I can't say that I have lived the kids going to college thing but, I can completely understand being overwhelmed by the whole after high school gong to college thing and you being completely overwhelmed! Enjoy your mental health day!

I posed a question earlier about a book I saw about a bunch of short vampire stories from really famous authors. But, got no response. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Has anybody read it? If so, please let me know. I want know if it worth purchasing.

BTW, yesterday I saw a license plate frame that said "Bite Me Edward". Thought it was funny!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

vampmadness wrote:Regarding the scene in the video clip. Out of the whole thing a 1/2 second scene of Bella in her panties has you all worried?

To be honest, YES! There have been several scenes in the trailers that are changed from the books, and those don't really matter. This scene worries me a little for the fact that that is NOT Bella. One of the things that draws the reader to the story is Bella and Edward's innocence... at least in "Twilight." Bella in anything less than her pj's in front of Edward is out of character (in my head). Edward is a proper gentleman; he left her alone to get dressed the morning he took her to meet his family. I'd think that if Edward saw that much skin of hers, that he would be really close to losing his self-control. *sigh* Well, at least I won't be shocked when I see it in the theatre, because I was NOT expecting that! I'm not going to worry about it much, though... gotta wait until it comes out to see how this scene comes about.

Nima- congratulations to your boy!!! :D That is great news! Enjoy your mental health day.

Answer to the question: Goodness, I used to take "mental health" days in college! If it were a 3-credit course, we were allowed 3 absences; each absence thereafter docked our final grade by a letter!! College life was so hectic for me, since I went to a private Christian college at my church. We were required to be involved in ministries in the church, and every spare minute of my time on the weekends was taken! Monday was my usual "MH" day. I would stay home and SLEEEEEEEEP!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I took a much needed mental health day a couple of weeks ago. I meant to sleep in, but I was on the Lex and talking to Nena and the former Agent 37 on YM for most of the day. I also read a little bit, too. During the month before school is out, my students work on their research essays and presentations, so I reward them with a "Lab Day." They are to work on their essays either at school, home, or wherever, but there's no official class. I don't go in. Sometimes I do, but not often.

I'm making taco soup for lunch - mmmm. I'm currently drinking a yummy chai latte.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!