<.< ... >.> Haylo

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FlamingRedFox
Settled in Forks
Location: Lost in the woods, trying to find that dang meadow that started it all.

<.< ... >.> Haylo

Post by FlamingRedFox »

*sighs* I don't normally make these sorts of posts because I hate admitting that I'm new. In a community this big, I think it's probably a good idea to have an intro post though.

I am a very recent convert to the Twilight cult. Why do I call this little fandom a cult? Becasue most of the people who love this series would follow Edward or Jacob around like mindless zombies if given the chance. Don't get me wrong, both are great characters. Just, neither of them really make my top ten, and neither does Bella. I'll let you guys keep your sparkly vampire dreamboat and shaggy stubborn werewolf. ~_^ When it comes to fandoms, I'm a bit of a nonconformist, heh heh heh. I started Twilight early last month, and read through the series up until last Wednesday, upon which I finished Breaking Dawn.

Of the series, Eclipse was hands down my favorite book. Twilight felt like it had too many cliche plot elements, New Moon was a book full of angst that had me laughing when I shouldn't have been (though I do love all the werewolves), and Breaking Dawn seemed anticlimatic with slow action and an unepic epic confrontation (read from chapter 30 to the end twice, which did make me appreciate those final tense sceens much more though). Eclipse, on the other hand, was fairly well paced, had exciting action, amusing character interactment, and the backstories on certain characters that I'd been dying to know since day one. Okay, maybe dying is a bit of an exaggeration, but I like when my favorite characters (who are rarely ever the main characters) are suddenly thrust in the spolight for a chapter or so. Reguardless of that that, I really do love all the books as a whole. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. ^.^;;

That being said, I am FlamingRedFox. You all can call me FRF if you'd like though, unless one of you comes up with something better. I like nicknames. ^.^ I am 18 years old, soon to be nineteen on the day the unepic epic confrontation takes place withing Breaking Dawn (meaning New Year's Eve or December 31st). I like drawing, reading, writing (mainly fanfiction), RPing, pet sim sites, painting, history, television, anime, manga and various other things that I'm too lazy to list. I'm a freshman in college and a Communication Disorders major, and I honestly can't wait of the Twilight movie to come out. I'm really curious to see how they pulled it off. You can find me under the name FlamingRedFox on FanFiction.net, The Dragon Empire, Wajas, and Aramii, as well as a few other places less important to me personally.

On another note, the reason I cling to for an explination of why I like the Twilight series so much is that Stephenie Meyer's initial are SM. I seem to be drawn to anything that has some sort of SM/MS initial short hand for one aspect of it. I blame my whole X-Files obession for that one, being a Mulder/Scully shipper. My favorition Inuyasha pairing is Sango/Miroku. And, on Desperate Housewives I was rather fond of Susan/Mike. *smiles sheepishly*

Alrighty, I'll be shutting up now. I think I've rambled on enough. Haylo all! ~_^
~FlamingRedFox
*points at avatar* Do I like the werewolves better, or do I just see the practicality in Edwards sparkly skin?

Lucid - What happens when Rosalie is given the chance to see Vera one last time, after more than seventy years of being a vampire? Closure.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: <.< ... >.> Haylo

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

Welcome to Lex!
Hope you enjoy it here.
When I first came here a friend of mine had sent me this link.
It is the Personal Correspondence Page.
Hope you find it helpful and enjoyable like I have.
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17
If you ever want to chat just send a PM my way.

Ash

FlamingRedFox
Settled in Forks
Location: Lost in the woods, trying to find that dang meadow that started it all.

Post by FlamingRedFox »

Thanks for the warm welcomes. ^.^

And Ash, I've already read everything in the PC section, heh heh heh. I've actually combed through most of the material within the Lexicon before joining the forums. Heh heh heh, when something worms its way into becoming one of my obsessions, I don't hold back in my quest to gain as much information as possible about it.
*points at avatar* Do I like the werewolves better, or do I just see the practicality in Edwards sparkly skin?

Lucid - What happens when Rosalie is given the chance to see Vera one last time, after more than seventy years of being a vampire? Closure.
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

Haha, you are a lot like me when it comes to that. But I just thought I would throw it out there, because sadly... A LOT of people don't know about it and for me it answered quite a few questions...

FlamingRedFox
Settled in Forks

Post by FlamingRedFox »

It's a good thing to spread around. It's actually the first thing I clicked on when a friend recommended this site to me for various Twilight extra knowledge. And it held such excellent insight into the books and characters. ^.^

alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Hello, FRF!

I completely agree with you on the opinion of the books. And your judgement on Twilight being a cult had me nodding my head.

I used to be a total Edward-fan girl, but I changed my ways after BD and started chasing after the minor characters (Emmett, Garrett, Aro, and Mike Newton [I know what you're thinking. Crazy, right?])

Anyways, have fun around here and hope to talk to you soon. PM me, please.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Welcome, we were all new once :)

I hope you find this a wonderful second home. We are friendly and slightly obsessive. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Enjoy checking out the Lex.

Spookybell
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Hey, I'm Krystal. Welcome to the Lex Kate!
Hope to see you around the forum! :)
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Hello! Welcome to the lex, where the thoroughly obsessed come to "quench their thirst" to talk about the Twilight series... or anything at all in the Flight to Phoenix forum.

I hope you enjoy it here and hope to see you around the boards. Feel free to PM me anytime. :)

Cheers,
Twilight<3