Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by awesomejen1 »

malaz wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote: no she really did not care about bella's life. she didn't WANT her to die, but she certainly wasn't opposed to it.
how can she oppose to it? she cared for bella and believe it or not she would have mourned over her death (read Miscalculations), but that's beside the point. there were two outcomes. either bella dies and or lives. and both Bella and Rosalie felt it very strongly that bella was going to live, by becoming a vampire.
there was this quote. i'll have to find it later since i don't have my book with me at the moment.
Exactly! It's not as though she was forcing Bella to carry this death baby...she was really the only one who really supported Bella, everyone else would have been content to abort the pregnancy. (and if Bella chose this route, I think Rose would have expressed her dis-like for that choice, but wouldn't have forced Bella to carry the baby)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

first, miscalculations is NOT about BD. therefor has no relevance.

second, no one said she's forcing bella to have the baby. but we do know that her primary concern was for the baby, and she figured if bella died, she'd get the baby, and if bella lived, she'd have access by helping bella. which, to me, is pretty terrible.

plus, i've been re-reading that part of the book and god is she mean to everyone.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

holdingoutforjacob, we already know that you hate Rosalie and no matter what we say you're still going to dislike her. We just see her actions differently. Of course no one disagrees that Rose's priority was the baby, but there was no way she was going to get the baby for her even if Bella died.
And let's face the facts. Even Edward loves Rosalie, so if he does it's because there's much more about her that we haven't seen. She's not a bad person, she just doesn't like Bella. Everyone has the right to like or dislike someone.
It's an error to judge someone so badly if we don't know all the person's characteristics. We just saw a side of Rosalie that isn't the nicest one because it's towards someone she dislikes, but I'm sure that if we saw how Rosalie is with her family she'd be a real nice person.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I don't even think Rosalie dislikes Bella, not in that way that we like or dislike people anyway.
Rosalie hates being a vampire, she wants to lead the rest of eternity as 'normal' as possible. Which means being a 'vegetarian' and having the secret about what she really is very tight. She wants to go to school/ get married with Emmet.... (and that over and over again ;)).
Then Bella shows up. A human who shows to much interest for her brother and her family. A human who could come to close to the Cullens secret. And that would mean the worst to Rosalie. Having somebody, some human, to know what they truly are.
Then, if that isn't enough Bella also wants to be a vampire, what Rosalie defenitly can't understand (I went through that point in my previous post).

So Rosalie just can't really give Bella a chance cause she treatens her lifestyle, her future and then seems to get everything Rosalie ever wanted in life. For Rosalie, being a vampire is enough of a stuggle everyday as it is. Not in the same way Jasper struggles, but still. She finally found some peace, some rythm; and then Edward had to fall in love with a human that is stiring everything up. Bella can get their secret out, but then also brings them all in danger with James, Victoria, The Volturi... It's not that hard to understand Rosalie as in not being to happy with having Bella around. But I don't think any of her hatred/dislike is focused directly at Bella as a person.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:first, miscalculations is NOT about BD. therefor has no relevance.

second, no one said she's forcing bella to have the baby. but we do know that her primary concern was for the baby, and she figured if bella died, she'd get the baby, and if bella lived, she'd have access by helping bella. which, to me, is pretty terrible.

plus, i've been re-reading that part of the book and god is she mean to everyone.
ugh, do you even know what i meant? for sure, it's not about BD. but Rose said, and even though she disliked bella, she mourned for her because she made Edward happy, that much she had.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I don't even think Rosalie dislikes Bella, not in that way that we like or dislike people anyway.
Rosalie hates being a vampire, she wants to lead the rest of eternity as 'normal' as possible. Which means being a 'vegetarian' and having the secret about what she really is very tight. She wants to go to school/ get married with Emmet.... (and that over and over again ;)).
Then Bella shows up. A human who shows to much interest for her brother and her family. A human who could come to close to the Cullens secret. And that would mean the worst to Rosalie. Having somebody, some human, to know what they truly are.
Then, if that isn't enough Bella also wants to be a vampire, what Rosalie defenitly can't understand (I went through that point in my previous post).

So Rosalie just can't really give Bella a chance cause she treatens her lifestyle, her future and then seems to get everything Rosalie ever wanted in life. For Rosalie, being a vampire is enough of a stuggle everyday as it is. Not in the same way Jasper struggles, but still. She finally found some peace, some rythm; and then Edward had to fall in love with a human that is stiring everything up. Bella can get their secret out, but then also brings them all in danger with James, Victoria, The Volturi... It's not that hard to understand Rosalie as in not being to happy with having Bella around. But I don't think any of her hatred/dislike is focused directly at Bella as a person.
I can see your point. Well, idk, of course Rosalie hates what Bella's presence means, and the others would too if they weren't so fond of Bella, but the choices Bella's made Rosalie also dislikes, and that would be Bella as a person, right?
I think that Rose didn't give a real chance to like Bella in the first place, but when she decided to act more friendly with her Rosalie showed that she was willing to give a try (and that shows a great personality IMHO) and that brought Rose and Bella together, in a way. If there's a 6th book we'll see Rose and Bella as friends, maybe not like Alice/Bella, but part a very united family.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Gi.Kodaly wrote:holdingoutforjacob, we already know that you hate Rosalie and no matter what we say you're still going to dislike her. We just see her actions differently. Of course no one disagrees that Rose's priority was the baby, but there was no way she was going to get the baby for her even if Bella died.
And let's face the facts. Even Edward loves Rosalie, so if he does it's because there's much more about her that we haven't seen. She's not a bad person, she just doesn't like Bella. Everyone has the right to like or dislike someone.
It's an error to judge someone so badly if we don't know all the person's characteristics. We just saw a side of Rosalie that isn't the nicest one because it's towards someone she dislikes, but I'm sure that if we saw how Rosalie is with her family she'd be a real nice person.
and you know what? i know that you have no idea what you are talking about, because i've said many times that i don't hate rosalie.

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: and you know what? i know that you have no idea what you are talking about, because i've said many times that i don't hate rosalie.
I feel for ya, holdingoutforjacob. I know you just slightely dislike her. I do to. There are moments where I hate everybody and there are moments where I love everybody. That's the way we are.
Last edited by threethings on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

haha. i don't mind her in the first three books, and i think she gave bella some really REALLY valuable advice on experiencing some human things. i like that she helped bella, it's what i would have done. but i think that her actions in book 2 of BD were purely selfish, and i think she treated people like s**t unnecessarily, and those are FACTS, and i think that's wrong. it's not a matter of interpretation.

Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:haha. i don't mind her in the first three books, and i think she gave bella some really REALLY valuable advice on experiencing some human things. i like that she helped bella, it's what i would have done. but i think that her actions in book 2 of BD were purely selfish, and i think she treated people like s**t unnecessarily, and those are FACTS, and i think that's wrong. it's not a matter of interpretation.
Well, if that's not hating for you that's okay. ;P
She was protecting the baby's life. Everyone wanted to kill it but her. It wasn't unnecessary.
And you think that's wrong, I don't. She could have treated people less badly yes, of course, but that's not her way of doing things.

Where's our Team Rosalie?! We need a place for supporters only!
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss