Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by StarEmerson »

Yeh I agree, when I met my boyfriend I never thought he would have read as much as he has. Turns out he is a good lil reader!! He even read Cell by Stephen King after I told him how good it was, and I think he read it faster than me!!

Awww MRK, your so lucky you get to see the film so soon! I am going to stop searching clips, stills, trailers etc too, but its so hard! I can't wait till 19th dec!
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

My husband won't read ANY book, so I'm not even going to try to get him to read...I did buy Twilight on disc because we are moving from Utah to California and will need something to keep us entertained, but I also bought Harry Potter, and he is much more interested in listening to HP the twilight...what do you do. I don't mind cause I love HP just as much (well, actually more) then Twilight...so it's something.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

awesomejen1 wrote:My husband won't read ANY book, so I'm not even going to try to get him to read...I did buy Twilight on disc because we are moving from Utah to California and will need something to keep us entertained, but I also bought Harry Potter, and he is much more interested in listening to HP the twilight...what do you do. I don't mind cause I love HP just as much (well, actually more) then Twilight...so it's something.
I never realized I acted out the books I read in my head until I downloaded the free clip of Twilight from Itunes. It sounded so weird to me the way she read it lol. I coudn't listen to it at all :(
Hmmm...wonder how HP would sound. I'm thinking about rereading the series...I haven't read HP for a looong time.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

My hubby don't read... And if he started he said he had other books that were before this one in line...
Well well, I surely don't understand his fascination with warhammer and role playing so, I guess whatever rocks ones boat...
He's quite amused by my addiction to writing (fanfics...) though, I haven't written anything in particular during the time we've been together, and now I'm writing all the time...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

I'm not that convinced about audio books either, don't know... :? Although I had the first HP book on CD and it was really good. But the audio for Twilight available on itunes wasn't appealing...

I agree with MRK, Iact the books out in my head too, which is why it sounds so weird if someone else is reading it. And I also think about rereading HP (which I absolutely love and in a way I think it's still my favorite book series of all, all things considered - but I never joined a HP forum...) but I'm not sure if I'm ready yet!

My bookfriend reads, if he reads at all, non fictional books, about management, economics and so on. All books I don't even look at! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

vampire_elf wrote:My bookfriend reads, if he reads at all, non fictional books, about management, economics and so on. All books I don't even look at! :D
Is that bookfriend Edward by any chance?
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

MY twenty-somethings, how I've missed you! My internet was down for a few days, and I have to get all caught up. But, I am about to run off to work, and I have a question - (well, 2 questions)

1. Do we have any 'Southpark' fans here?

2. Because, I was watching TV the other day, and there was a preview for the SP season finale, and it hinted that the elementary school was being taken over by vampires during the episode. Does anyone know if this is a satirical nod to Twilight? I would love that!!!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Tamalyn wrote:MY twenty-somethings, how I've missed you! My internet was down for a few days, and I have to get all caught up. But, I am about to run off to work, and I have a question - (well, 2 questions)

1. Do we have any 'Southpark' fans here?

2. Because, I was watching TV the other day, and there was a preview for the SP season finale, and it hinted that the elementary school was being taken over by vampires during the episode. Does anyone know if this is a satirical nod to Twilight? I would love that!!!
I am a South Park fan and someone else on the Lex posted something about them doing a Twilight spoof... I'll definitely be watching anyway, but I am hoping it is really Twilight related because I think it will be hilarious! Woot Woot! Tomorrow night everyone in the US (sorry to rub it in for anyone else but I can't help it!) :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

CantBreathe wrote:Woot Woot! Tomorrow night everyone in the US (sorry to rub it in for anyone else but I can't help it!) :D
ACK I am so flippin' excited. I tried my contacts out this morning and I look like perhaps I'll need to go hunting soon, because my eyes looked to be melting from golden to black. I'm attempting to be Alice, and we've made Cullen Baseball shirts and everything. mandustries is having a pre-movie party at her house tonight, and it should be fun. :) Then, we're all headed to the midnight showing. *fangirly squeal*
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Saturday!!!
I got my scaly paws on a ticket reservation that I can collect an hour before the show (instead of days...) so I get to see TWILIGHT!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: