Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Kachiti wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ They have different shifts. In a city like Forks two ER doctors aren't necessary at the same time. I guess Carlisle's shift is in the morning and goes until the time when the "kids" leave school, because on the accident when Edward was supposed to be at school Carlisle was there and when he came back home after school he was already home. But anyway, poor Carlisle! It must be horrible to be an ER doctor (at least it is for me lol).
I don't think its horrible for Carlisle at all. My impression from the Twilight series is that he really enjoys it.
I don't think it's bad for him, I mean, of course he likes it. I'm just saying that it's horrible for me, you know? It's not something I fun to do or anything like that.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
ColoredPencils
Settled in Forks

Post by ColoredPencils »

i have always loved carlisle, but in BD he disappointed me.
i just thought that he would realize that it was bella's choice whether she wanted to keep her baby or not, even if it was going to kill her.
i still love him though. *sigh*
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

ColoredPencils wrote:i have always loved carlisle, but in BD he disappointed me.
i just thought that he would realize that it was bella's choice whether she wanted to keep her baby or not, even if it was going to kill her.
i still love him though. *sigh*
I can't say the same. Even Bella being like a daughter to him already, Edward's always been his favorite and he was watching Edward slowly die with Bella too, so he'd always try and do something so he'd take his son and his wife from that pain.
I thought that maybe Esme would make him and Edward understand why Bella was doing that because she also almost died because of her baby but I think she didn't really wanted to remember that or the guys couldn't understand her.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:
I can't say the same. Even Bella being like a daughter to him already, Edward's always been his favorite and he was watching Edward slowly die with Bella too, so he'd always try and do something so he'd take his son and his wife from that pain.
I thought that maybe Esme would make him and Edward understand why Bella was doing that because she also almost died because of her baby but I think she didn't really wanted to remember that or the guys couldn't understand her.
I think Esme did, because Edward said something to the effect of her siding with Bella and Carlisle wouldn't go against Esme wishes.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I think Carlisle is a wonderful man, and of course gorgeous! But, I do agree with you, he needed to accept Bella´s decision of having Renesmee.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Kachiti wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:
I think Esme did, because Edward said something to the effect of her siding with Bella and Carlisle wouldn't go against Esme wishes.
I remember Edward saying that Esme and Emmett wouldn't let anyone do anything against Rosalie, so no one could touch her. I'll read that part of the book again to see if I can find something.

EDIT:
I read it again and Esme and Emmett were supporting Rose/Bella. And Emmett wouldn't let anyone touch Rose and Carlisle wouldn't go against Esme.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

I thought it was weird how in BD, he is known for having like a million medical degrees, but when Bella was pregnant, he had practically no idea what to do. Granted, I'm sure he's never encountered a mutant baby, but he seemed so clueless on how to handle a pregnant woman in general. But he is still a DILF, or it's just Peter Facinelli, I don't know haha.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ He is not especialized in pregnancy, it makes sense actually because these kind of doctors have to be with the mother for 9 months at least and it would be hard for him to move a lot. And he never thought he could have an actual baby so I guess he didn't even bother studying that. He knows the basic stuff of course but even a doctor that has years of experience with pregnancy and all that stuff would know nothing about the baby because it's not like any other baby.
What I thought that was weird was that neither Carlisle nor Edward figured that the baby wanted blood.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

annabelle wrote:I thought it was weird how in BD, he is known for having like a million medical degrees, but when Bella was pregnant, he had practically no idea what to do. Granted, I'm sure he's never encountered a mutant baby, but he seemed so clueless on how to handle a pregnant woman in general. But he is still a DILF, or it's just Peter Facinelli, I don't know haha.
I don't really think that he was clueless about pregnant women i just think that he didn't really know how to handle the situation since nothing like this had ever happened to him. But i also think that he was respectin bella's decisions about the baby even though he didn't like them.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
murtaghgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by murtaghgirl »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ He is not especialized in pregnancy, it makes sense actually because these kind of doctors have to be with the mother for 9 months at least and it would be hard for him to move a lot. And he never thought he could have an actual baby so I guess he didn't even bother studying that. He knows the basic stuff of course but even a doctor that has years of experience with pregnancy and all that stuff would know nothing about the baby because it's not like any other baby.
What I thought that was weird was that neither Carlisle nor Edward figured that the baby wanted blood.
He didn't know what to do and I think that he was torn between trying to protect Edward and respecting Bella's wishes so he did what he thought best and that was to look after both as best he could so that niether would get too hurt.