Ashley Greene as Alice

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
User avatar
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by #1twi-guy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:04 am

If there was anyone cast that is straight on how I imagined, it was Ashley as Alice.
O-M-FREAKIN-G I loved her in the movie! I was worried that they might screw up at Alice,
but my favorite character was brought to the screen wonderfully!

Can't wait to see Ashley saying Kristen smells bad in New Moon! Haha
(The werewolf smell of course...) :D
Image

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe

nyx
Settled in Forks
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by nyx » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Alice was chosen perfectly and fit my mental picture perfectly. If only I could say the same about the rest of the cast. The worst were probubly Edward, Eric, and Carlisle

User avatar
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Forks, Washington (HA-HA I wish!)

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Ashley was perfection. My friend is a huge Alice fan and when Ashley said that first line she almost screamed!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!

MrsEdwardCullen4Ever
Settled in Forks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Canada. (The cloudest, wetest place in Cananda.)

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by MrsEdwardCullen4Ever » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:17 pm

I think she is the best cast cullen. exactly how i pictured her!! and i even think she sounds like how alice would sounds. ah-mazing casting job!!
"Isabella Swan I promise to love you foever. Every single day of forever.Will You Marry Me?"

User avatar
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:52 am
Location: My Body is in NC, My Mind is in Forks

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by foolinthemoon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 pm

alice_is_my_homegirl wrote:Ashley was perfection. My friend is a huge Alice fan and when Ashley said that first line she almost screamed!

Me too! Everyone else screamed for Jacob, Edward or Carlisl - not that i wasn't excited to see them too *swoon* - but it wasn't till i saw Alice that i got WAY too excited, I squelched a scream and started knocking the person beside me in the knee with my fist... lol
Image
Image
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3

User avatar
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Avoiding Spanish Influenza in Chicago

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by soozabooza54 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:05 am

Seriously... the more you read the books, the awesomer Alice gets. And Ashley is perfect. :)
Image
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/

User avatar
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: Jamaica, W.I.
Contact:

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by cullen_kissez » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 pm

OK, please don't kill me!
The one thing I didn't like about Alice was I didn't imagine her hair like that, it should've been shorter (as I imagined it..)
But she was hella convincing tho, the look Edward gave her when Bella visited the Cullen house for the first time - priceless!
She needed more of a presence in the movie tho, but I'm gearing up to see her portrayal when she goes to see Bella after the cliffdiving incident - that and her problem with the shapeshifters .. :D
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

Image

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B

User avatar
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:52 am
Location: My Body is in NC, My Mind is in Forks

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by foolinthemoon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:47 am

cullen_kissez wrote:OK, please don't kill me!
The one thing I didn't like about Alice was I didn't imagine her hair like that, it should've been shorter (as I imagined it..)
lol, I don't think anyone will revolt ; )

i imagined it much like it is in the movie but darker, and it just occured to me recently that some people thought of it as shorter. I wonder what hairstyle Stephenie had meant for her to have... hmmmm.
Image
Image
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3

User avatar
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: La La Land
Contact:

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by CantBreathe » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:53 pm

foolinthemoon wrote:
cullen_kissez wrote:OK, please don't kill me!
The one thing I didn't like about Alice was I didn't imagine her hair like that, it should've been shorter (as I imagined it..)
lol, I don't think anyone will revolt ; )

i imagined it much like it is in the movie but darker, and it just occured to me recently that some people thought of it as shorter. I wonder what hairstyle Stephenie had meant for her to have... hmmmm.
I wonder the same. I was thinking though, for the wedding, it says Alice has her hair in pin curls. So I think for her to achieve a hairstyle like that movie Alice's length seems perfect. If it was much shorter, she wouldn't be able to pull that off.
Image
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!

User avatar
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Chicago, yep the birth place of EDWARD CULLEN!

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 pm

CantBreathe wrote:
foolinthemoon wrote:
cullen_kissez wrote:OK, please don't kill me!
The one thing I didn't like about Alice was I didn't imagine her hair like that, it should've been shorter (as I imagined it..)
lol, I don't think anyone will revolt ; )

i imagined it much like it is in the movie but darker, and it just occured to me recently that some people thought of it as shorter. I wonder what hairstyle Stephenie had meant for her to have... hmmmm.
I wonder the same. I was thinking though, for the wedding, it says Alice has her hair in pin curls. So I think for her to achieve a hairstyle like that movie Alice's length seems perfect. If it was much shorter, she wouldn't be able to pull that off.
They length was exactly how I pictured it to be, but I think it should have been darker. BC in the book her hair was black not a dark brown. BC to me all of female leads had a diff hari color, Bella-Brown, Rosalie-Blonde, Esme-Carmel, and Alice-Black. Sorry getting off on a tanget there. But I thought Ashley was PERFECTION as ALICE. If anyone came to life from the page of the book to on screen it was ALICE. From her manerisms to her ballet movements like pointing her toe during the baseball scene was perfect. Her voice even sounds like I imagined it would. I have a "girl crush" on Alice, :lol:
Image
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY

Post Reply