True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Sannois »

Hey! Where are all our True Blood groupies?? :o :? ;)
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

They are still recovering from the crap of the most recent episode. :lol:
bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

Hey girls :) I got to see, shake hands with and get a picture with Charlaine Harris yesterday! :D I wrote about the experience in my Blog. Check it out: http://bluemariasdaydreams.blogspot.com ... hinga.html

Sorry I did not post it here sooner but here is my take on last weeks episode:

*Bone-Suwar* everyone :P
Well if that does not make you hate Bill I don't know what will. Ewww! I do not like that Eric set up Lorena to be there and I thought the part with Andy and Laf was hokey (though the looks on Alex's face were priceless) But I did not hate this episode.
I think Jessica and Hoyt are the sweetest part of the show right now. :) awwww. The MA arc was more interesting tonight but I am ready to be shed of it. That woman has more ups and downs than a yo-yo. Is Tara is smoking too much or what? I don't think you need to see the crazy woods orgy to know there is something fishy going on. Last but not least, I may be the only one but silly little Sara is starting to grow on me. As dumb as she is in other ways from what Sookie heard in her mind she really does feel that what Steve is doing is wrong. She will most likey be one of the ones that gets offed by the end of the season though :( Oh and as an after-thought was it just me or was Sookie a good bit less annoying when she was not looking all googly eyed at Bill?
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Blue - I always find Sookie to be slightly less annoying when she isn't with Bill..I too like Jessica and Hoyt..I don't want anything bad to happen with either one of them, but of course it probably will :(
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

Whoa, Kristin, how incredibly cool is that!!! :shock: :D
I have to agree with you and G, the only thing good about the show, is Jessica and Hoyt.
Gee cant wait to se what disasters they bestow on us tomorrow! :? :cry: :roll:
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

O..m..g..How sweet was it watching Jessica and Hoyt?! I was like, "OMG I LOVE HOYT!!!" And Then I was like, "OMG I love you Jason for defending your sister like that!" So this week was not nearly as bad as last week. And while I am sad to say this, I fear that the season will be coming to a close soon. Don't they usually do only like 12-15 episodes per season? :( Makes me kind of sad..I really want for Jessica and Hoyt to have their own show lol
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lol sorry, haven't been to this thread in ages...but WTH is happening on this show lmao....

Also, according to Wikipedia (not reliable sometimes, but for some reason it seems believable..) there are 12 episodes this season, with 5 left
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tr ... d_episodes
WARNING! It does give a little bit of spoiler information on the episode stuff, so if you don't want to know what's kinda coming the next few episodes, don't read it!
ImageImageImageImage
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

As soon as I saw Gabe introduced in the last episode, I knew the season was getting close to the end. I know when he attacked Sookie it was towards the end of Living Dead in Dallas.

I thought tonight was not nearly as bad as last week. But seriously, I am BEYOND sick of Maryann and her orgies. Enough already! We get it! She likes sex! She makes everyone's eyes turn black! She does that weird vibrating thing! We REALLY don't need to see this in every episode to get the point. :roll: But I'm so glad Daphne is finally gone. She bugged me so much. And Tara is being so naive, it's criminal.

I can't believe Sarah shot Jason. Not to ruin the surprise for anyone, but he isn't dead. I checked the info on my cable for next week's episode and it says something about Jason dealing with his checkered past.

But I am SO pissed that they made Eric into a total wimp who is sacrificing himself for his maker. I honestly don't think book Eric would ever do that. It's so ridiculous. But judging from the previews, I'm guessing next week's episode will be disappointing. Dammit.
Image Image
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

OK guys, Sorry but I am gonna rant! That episode really pissed me off more than the others.
First off, Maryann is not in the book, OK theres a Maenad but thats it. No orgies. No Daphne.
OK heres the worst, Stan is NOT the cowboy, hes the nerd. Computer geek vamp. Eric could care less about Godric, And he is not his maker. Isabelle arranged to have Lorena meet Bill, NOT Eric. Jason never joined the Fellowship. Never had an affair with Sarah. Rrrrr. OK I am totally tired of them screwing with the book. Climbs off soap box~ :o :roll:
Sick of it! Glad I have all the seasons of buffy to get through. And to think I got HBO just to watch True Blood.
OK I feel better now. :lol: :? O?K Where are all the weres??? :twisted: :geek:
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

ok, so I'm new, I've never read the books, and I just saw my first episode tonight on HBO...I'm slightly interested, but before I go out and start reading, I have a few questions. I'm pretty conservative, and what I saw, with the nudity and cursing, is it pretty rampant like that in the books? Is this series more like Twilight with the "fade to black" when certain scenes take place? thanks for the info!