True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Dxplora07 »

I think I've definitley decided that I like the show better than the book....I just wish it wasn't so vulgar! I mean, I can do without F-bombs and GD being dropped every 5 seconds, and they don't have to always have to have some girls boobs in my face...but HBO is HBO, so I'll just have to tivo it and fast forward through the overly-raunchy parts.. :)

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:06 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by roseaurora »

I have been a big cheerleader of the show, but I really couldn't get into that last episode. Didn't really seem like much happened, very disappointing. BUT, not nearly as disappointing as finding out the finale isn't for TWO weeks. Boo! :cry:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Image
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:48 am
Location: Southern California

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Edward_Addict »

^^ Disappointing is the understatement for this week's episode. I'm almost dreading to see what kind of mess they make of the finale. :roll:

Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.
Image Image

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:06 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by roseaurora »

Edward_Addict wrote: Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.
I know that wasn't directed to me, but up until that last episode I was enjoying the show more than the books... and I'm still holding out hope that it all comes together in the last episode.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Image
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Dxplora07 »

roseaurora: Yes, I'm currently on chapter 11 of Dead to the World......I like the show better because it's just more interesting to me. I really like how they develope the extra characters. I do enjoy the show, a lot...I just think it could do without the vulgarities.

Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Landiana »

i mean we are only on the seventh episode of season one over here, but i have to say that i prefer the books to the show. i like the development of the characters of Lafayette and Tara, but i think that the main plot of the book is almost sidelined in the show. specially in the first season, there is so much about Jason and the vampire blood, and as much as that is amusing, it does get irritating when it overides the main point - sookie and bill's developing relationship and the fang banger murderer.

i think that the books start to get real interesting when the shapeshifters get introduced properly, you know the shreveport pack and all the rest.

Question:
who is your favourite shapeshifter?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Image

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:48 am
Location: Southern California

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Edward_Addict »

Landiana wrote:i mean we are only on the seventh episode of season one over here, but i have to say that i prefer the books to the show. i like the development of the characters of Lafayette and Tara, but i think that the main plot of the book is almost sidelined in the show. specially in the first season, there is so much about Jason and the vampire blood, and as much as that is amusing, it does get irritating when it overides the main point - sookie and bill's developing relationship and the fang banger murderer.
Exactly. I totally agree. The extra stuff is amusing, but it takes away from the whole reason the show was even created - THE BOOKS. And honestly, the second season if far far far worse in that aspect than the first season. So Landiana, prepare yourself. And honestly, I have no idea who my favorite shifter is. In the books, probably Sam. On the show, no one.

Everyone I know and have talked to have all enjoyed the books more than the show. So I'm really surprised there are people out there who feel the opposite. Oh well.
Image Image

Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Dxplora07 »

well not everyone is cut from the same cloth....believe it or not there are people who like the twilight movie and just aren't as in to the books. I just find the plot line that has been developed in the show to hold my interest more than the books. :)

LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I'm just glad they didn't kill off Lafayette becasue people tell me he did in the books. I haven't read the books but I'm planning to as soon as this season is over. Last weeks episode was a bit dry but I'm hoping the finale will make up for everything! But why do we have to wait 2 weeks!! :evil:
Image

Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Off roading with Emmett

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Sannois »

Edward_Addict wrote:^^ Disappointing is the understatement for this week's episode. I'm almost dreading to see what kind of mess they make of the finale. :roll:

Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.
Have not been on here in a bit, But I had to check in to see how people were doing. I once again have to totally agree with Mandy about someone liking the show more than the books if they have truly read all of them. Not just the first one.
Vulgar they are not. The books are light years better, especially now that they have totally trashed any similarities the show may have once had to the books.
Anna Paquin is an Awful Sookie, I personally cant stomach her. And they have destroyed Eric.
And the whole Maryann thing, well the show Jumped the shark for me last Sunday night, Cutting off fingers, What was that guy doing in the sink..? And the giant Egg in a nest?? Please!
And the one story line I was enjoying is now ruined as well, not in the book, but was fun on the show was Jessica and Hoyt.
I was so pissed at Hoyt for the way her treated her, Yeah she bit his black eyed wacked out mother, but holy hell, She deserved it, and apparently liked it. LMAO! :lol:
Anyway, sorely dissapointed in the whole mess. But natch, I will watch the final trainwreck, er episode out of sheer morbid curiosity. I have to go and read the books again to try and forget all the nasty crap in the show.
Sorry for the vent! :?
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
Image

Post Reply