Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

SarahGoddard wrote: I know not quite relevent but I didnt picture him as so good looking when I read the books and when I saw the film he was one of the few characters I was happy didnt look how I imagined - gave me a much better perspective!
Really!!! I always imagined him as really good looking, in the beginning it talked about how he looked like a model so i just imagined him like one....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I, too, absolutely love Carlisle. I think what amazes me most is his compassion. Everyone is so amazed in BD at Bella and her self-control when she breaks off her hunt so she doesn't hurt the humans. But, didn't Carlisle essentially do the same thing, just in a bit of a different way? I become more impressed, though, everytime I read MS and the descriptions throughout of the blood desire first hand. It just makes his ability and desire to be good that much more impressive.
And, there is also his unshatterable calm. He's so analytical by nature that he just knows that there is a solution to everything if you look hard enough. That allows him to be a calming presence when things are getting rough. I look at him as almost as effective as Jasper. ;)
And, finally, his respect for all others. It is easy to understand why most people ascribe at least some (if not most or all) of Edward's selflessness to Carlisle's influence. Carlisle is seriously offended by the idea of anything he does ever causing anyone else pain or discomfort, even an enemy.
All I can say is WOW!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I agree with you 100%Jazz Girl !

Carlisle is my favorite "supporting" character, by far, for all the reasons you point out. I also think they did a fantastic job portraying him in the movie!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Moonlit Sunlight

Jazz Girl wrote:I, too, absolutely love Carlisle. I think what amazes me most is his compassion. Everyone is so amazed in BD at Bella and her self-control when she breaks off her hunt so she doesn't hurt the humans. But, didn't Carlisle essentially do the same thing, just in a bit of a different way? I become more impressed, though, everytime I read MS and the descriptions throughout of the blood desire first hand. It just makes his ability and desire to be good that much more impressive.
And, there is also his unshatterable calm. He's so analytical by nature that he just knows that there is a solution to everything if you look hard enough. That allows him to be a calming presence when things are getting rough. I look at him as almost as effective as Jasper. ;)
And, finally, his respect for all others. It is easy to understand why most people ascribe at least some (if not most or all) of Edward's selflessness to Carlisle's influence. Carlisle is seriously offended by the idea of anything he does ever causing anyone else pain or discomfort, even an enemy.
All I can say is WOW!
Wow your right on target!!!! I totally agree with you!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

roseaurora wrote:I agree with you 100%Jazz Girl !
Carlisle is my favorite "supporting" character, by far, for all the reasons you point out. I also think they did a fantastic job portraying him in the movie!
Right back at ya, RoseAurora! Peter Fascinelli was perfect as Carlisle. I think it was the way he portrayed Carlile's enthusiasm for the simpler things in life; a happy family, a new experience like cooking, a good game of baseball. :D Also, one of the keys to Carlisle's & Edward's relationship is the way they communicate, with Carlisle being so open to Edward hearing his thoughts. It so clearly demonstrates how much Carlisle wants Edward to be comfortable with himself, and how much trust he places in him. Peter and Rob just seemed to have a good chemistry in those scenes in the movie, so natural.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

How can anyone not love Carlisle? He's so good and kind to everyone. Even Jacob, when he was trying to hate all vampires, had a hard time not liking Carlisle. Even his career choice shows what an amazing person he is. He could have done anything, but he chose to battle his cravings for blood so that he could help sick people. I agree with you guys-Peter Facinelli was great as Carlisle. He portrayed the character in a quiet, subtle way. He had great chemistry with Rob.
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Really!!! I always imagined him as really good looking, in the beginning it talked about how he looked like a model so i just imagined him like one....[/quote]

I think I must have missed that bit first time round. I have a very annoying habit of wanting to read too quickly, end up scan reading and missing minor details such as that! - Makes the re-readings more fun through :D
Jazz Girl wrote:I, too, absolutely love Carlisle. I think what amazes me most is his compassion. Everyone is so amazed in BD at Bella and her self-control when she breaks off her hunt so she doesn't hurt the humans. But, didn't Carlisle essentially do the same thing, just in a bit of a different way? I become more impressed, though, everytime I read MS and the descriptions throughout of the blood desire first hand. It just makes his ability and desire to be good that much more impressive.
All I can say is WOW!
Moonlit Sunlight wrote:
SarahGoddard wrote: I know not quite relevent but I didnt picture him as so good looking when I read the books and when I saw the film he was one of the few characters I was happy didnt look how I imagined - gave me a much better perspective!
Agree 100%! Carlise rules! :D

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Moonlit Sunlight

SarahGoddard wrote:
I think I must have missed that bit first time round. I have a very annoying habit of wanting to read too quickly, end up scan reading and missing minor details such as that! - Makes the re-readings more fun through :D
Yeah that happens to me to it's not until i read it the 3 or 4th time around that i start noticing things that i had been skipping over.... like when bella goes back to the cullens house after she leaves charlies and James is after them.. the part where Esme pushes a button on the wall and metal covers come over the glass.... i didn't catch that until the 5th read i think....
CrazilyObsessed024
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Carlisle is amazing! Just thought I'd throw that in.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Moonlit Sunlight

yeah i agree... even Jacob who hated the vampires had a hard time trying to hate Carlisle... and i mean he's so charasmatic and sweet.... but if i was the bad guy i would also be scared of Carlisle... i mean i think he could be a really scary vampire if he wanted to be one.... and Pete Facinellie was great as Carlisle.. he portrayed him very well and i though he looked great with Esme.