Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 am

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

And I think they'd just trying to look like they're eating in the cafeteria - i.e. only people who really looked closely (which, of course, only Bella really does) would notice they only play with their food.
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by JenTheWriter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

So, as I'm new I had taken a while to read over a few topics. This one I found hilarious and funny, but I had been on the look out for a scene in particular. I haven't made it through all the posts here, but I did manage to find the scene where Edward/Rob flips off Emmett. So, I was glued to this scene as it played and I noticed him flipping him off. But I also realized what the mumbled words were that I never understood before.

I'm not sure which one it is, I'm leaning towards Rob ... but as soon as the finger is flipped there is the distinct, "F*** you, too." I don't know why I never heard it before, but now I can't stop hearing it. It's frickin hilarious, especially considering that this had a low rating (PG-13, wasn't it?)
Last edited by JenTheWriter on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Image
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by JenTheWriter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Lorabell wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

The angel wings are a nod to the fact that in the book Twilight, well throughout the series Bella refers to Edward as her angel. And, of course, in Midnight Sun Edward has inner thoughts about how Bella's own guardian angel is slipping on the job or there is some force out to get her -- forcing him (willingly) to be Bella's guardian vampire.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Image
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 pm

JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

The angel wings are a nod to the fact that in the book Twilight, well throughout the series Bella refers to Edward as her angel. And, of course, in Midnight Sun Edward has inner thoughts about how Bella's own guardian angel is slipping on the job or there is some force out to get her -- forcing him (willingly) to be Bella's guardian vampire.
Hm, I like your explanation of why the "angel" wings are there - i.e. with the guardian vampire thing - lol, but I just don't get that vibe in the scene.
I know CH put some more romantic props around the bio lab - because this is where they "fall in love" - like flowers and plants, etc so thought maybe the owl was a "pretty" extension of that.
I dunno, maybe I've just seen "Psycho" too many times - the scene with all the stuffed birds angled down to seem intimidating... just me?
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by JenTheWriter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:14 am

Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

The angel wings are a nod to the fact that in the book Twilight, well throughout the series Bella refers to Edward as her angel. And, of course, in Midnight Sun Edward has inner thoughts about how Bella's own guardian angel is slipping on the job or there is some force out to get her -- forcing him (willingly) to be Bella's guardian vampire.
Hm, I like your explanation of why the "angel" wings are there - i.e. with the guardian vampire thing - lol, but I just don't get that vibe in the scene.
I know CH put some more romantic props around the bio lab - because this is where they "fall in love" - like flowers and plants, etc so thought maybe the owl was a "pretty" extension of that.
I dunno, maybe I've just seen "Psycho" too many times - the scene with all the stuffed birds angled down to seem intimidating... just me?

No, you're not alone. I thought it would have been more of a poignant nod to the book's angel references if it had come later in the movie. I mean not just appearing out of nowhere, the owl being there all along. But in a later scene when it's obvious they are falling in love -- the angel wings, more appropriate nod. Kind of a bad placement to have him looking like an angel when we all know at the moment he wants to rip her throat out and drink her blood. lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Image
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:15 am

JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

The angel wings are a nod to the fact that in the book Twilight, well throughout the series Bella refers to Edward as her angel. And, of course, in Midnight Sun Edward has inner thoughts about how Bella's own guardian angel is slipping on the job or there is some force out to get her -- forcing him (willingly) to be Bella's guardian vampire.
Hm, I like your explanation of why the "angel" wings are there - i.e. with the guardian vampire thing - lol, but I just don't get that vibe in the scene.
I know CH put some more romantic props around the bio lab - because this is where they "fall in love" - like flowers and plants, etc so thought maybe the owl was a "pretty" extension of that.
I dunno, maybe I've just seen "Psycho" too many times - the scene with all the stuffed birds angled down to seem intimidating... just me?

No, you're not alone. I thought it would have been more of a poignant nod to the book's angel references if it had come later in the movie. I mean not just appearing out of nowhere, the owl being there all along. But in a later scene when it's obvious they are falling in love -- the angel wings, more appropriate nod. Kind of a bad placement to have him looking like an angel when we all know at the moment he wants to rip her throat out and drink her blood. lol
Yeah, maybe that's what confuses me: there he's sat with white cherub wings but geared up in dark colours with his black eyes glaring the shiz out of her as he's planning out 100 different ways to lure her away and drink her glorious smelling blood ... very angelic, lol!
And, now I think about it, I can't recall the "wings" in the later bio scene when he actually starts talking to her... now I'm going to have to watch the movie again - dang it, lol!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

RachelCullenxX
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 am

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by RachelCullenxX » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
I think people just find it funny how the owl's positions behind him in biology, looking like he has cherub wings? I took it as a "predator" thing but, either way, it's certainly odd prop placement, lol!

The angel wings are a nod to the fact that in the book Twilight, well throughout the series Bella refers to Edward as her angel. And, of course, in Midnight Sun Edward has inner thoughts about how Bella's own guardian angel is slipping on the job or there is some force out to get her -- forcing him (willingly) to be Bella's guardian vampire.
Hm, I like your explanation of why the "angel" wings are there - i.e. with the guardian vampire thing - lol, but I just don't get that vibe in the scene.
I know CH put some more romantic props around the bio lab - because this is where they "fall in love" - like flowers and plants, etc so thought maybe the owl was a "pretty" extension of that.
I dunno, maybe I've just seen "Psycho" too many times - the scene with all the stuffed birds angled down to seem intimidating... just me?

No, you're not alone. I thought it would have been more of a poignant nod to the book's angel references if it had come later in the movie. I mean not just appearing out of nowhere, the owl being there all along. But in a later scene when it's obvious they are falling in love -- the angel wings, more appropriate nod. Kind of a bad placement to have him looking like an angel when we all know at the moment he wants to rip her throat out and drink her blood. lol
Yeah, maybe that's what confuses me: there he's sat with white cherub wings but geared up in dark colours with his black eyes glaring the shiz out of her as he's planning out 100 different ways to lure her away and drink her glorious smelling blood ... very angelic, lol!
And, now I think about it, I can't recall the "wings" in the later bio scene when he actually starts talking to her... now I'm going to have to watch the movie again - dang it, lol!

I'm pretty sure it's only once, when he's death-glaring at her. lol.
Edward Cullen is so hot, I really wish he could be bought.
I would buy him anyday, no matter what I had to pay.

Jacob Black is so charming, his looks are simply disarming.
He's a burning 108.9 Oh, wow. He is fine!

Team Switzerland forever<3

Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: erie, pa
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:05 am

Have you ever notice everytime they show Jasper and Bella in the same room he is always staring at her?? It's like he stares at her as much as edward does.
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

Image

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by ringswraith » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:08 am

Mrs. Ashlie Cullen wrote:Have you ever notice everytime they show Jasper and Bella in the same room he is always staring at her?? It's like he stares at her as much as edward does.
Well, she smells delicious, after all. :D

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:13 am

ringswraith wrote:
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen wrote:Have you ever notice everytime they show Jasper and Bella in the same room he is always staring at her?? It's like he stares at her as much as edward does.
Well, she smells delicious, after all. :D
Haha, exactly! And also, maybe Alice has told him what she's seen for Bella's future... or he could just be "tasting" how much she loves Edward - either way, it'd be pretty intriguing!
And, on a similar note, I love how Alice is always glancing over to Bella because she know's that Bella's made the decision to look at Edward - even when the Cullens first appear in the movie, Alice looks straight to Bella before walking into the cafeteria because she's been expecting her - so great!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

Post Reply