Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.AnthonyMasen12
Settled in Forks
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Lorabell wrote:
Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 wrote:Hello everyone! :D
Just wondering if anyone else noticed, in the movie, when the students are in the cafeteria, (the scene when Bella and Edward talk and she invites him to La Push) . Right before Bella and Edward talk, Edward is sitting at his table with the rest of the Cullens; it looks like they're all talking and then he suddenly throws a piece of food down at the tabe, as if he were mad or agrivated. I don't understand why; I haven't finished Midnight Sun yet, maybe it's something that has to do with his thoughts, but anyways I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed it.
:)
Um... he's internally tormented?! And it always makes me laugh that he looks like he's saying "I don't know what to f***ing do!" - btw, Emmett's totally chewing during that!


Yea, I assumed! It makes me so sad seeing his face. I just want to get in the TV and give him a big hug!! LOL :P

caszit
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 am
Location: Where Ever The Leaves Turn Red

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by caszit » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:15 am

Not an inside joke but just somethings I noticed.
The first day in Bio the notebook Edward has is the same notebook on the top of the piano when he is playing for Bella.

And when Edward and Bella are talking in the hallway, and she ask about contacts his eyes are golden, but out in the parking lot after he stops the van and they are they are staring at each other his eyes look black, then at the hospital they are back to golden again.

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:40 pm

TeamEdward1918 wrote:lol, lorabell. You're so right, that is what it looks like he's saying :lol:

And I LOVE your banner!! :lol:
Haha, you're welcome TeamEdward1918!

And, I FINALLY remembered what I keep forgetting to post on this thread... when Bella goes to meet Charlie at the diner and says "sorry I'm late - biology project", I always imagine that "biology project" is a loaded way of her saying "I've been macking with my Vamp in the tree tops", lol!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

Mrs.AnthonyMasen12
Settled in Forks
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:55 pm

OMG!! :o I just noticed something new!! Victoria is in another scene at the prom. When Bella and Edward walk in and they're noticing everyone at prom, there's lke a 2 second scene of a women by the wheel of fortune...it's so Victoria! She has on a dark choker necklace with her white furish coat and her hair up in a bun. I can't be mistaking her b/c its the same outfit that Victoria is wearing when she's watching E&B from the tower. Anyways, had to share! :)

twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:46 am

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by twilightnewbie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:16 am

caszit wrote:Not an inside joke but just somethings I noticed.
The first day in Bio the notebook Edward has is the same notebook on the top of the piano when he is playing for Bella.

And when Edward and Bella are talking in the hallway, and she ask about contacts his eyes are golden, but out in the parking lot after he stops the van and they are they are staring at each other his eyes look black, then at the hospital they are back to golden again.
Caszit, that's a good catch. I noted it in my review posted on another thread. I think it is the filmmakers way of letting us know Edward composed the lullaby, since that fact is not explicitly made anytime in the movie.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 wrote:OMG!! :o I just noticed something new!! Victoria is in another scene at the prom. When Bella and Edward walk in and they're noticing everyone at prom, there's lke a 2 second scene of a women by the wheel of fortune...it's so Victoria! She has on a dark choker necklace with her white furish coat and her hair up in a bun. I can't be mistaking her b/c its the same outfit that Victoria is wearing when she's watching E&B from the tower. Anyways, had to share! :)
Yeah, another thread were talking about how Victoria's presence isn't feasible because Edward would be able to smell/hear her - I guess that's why they changed Jacob's and the other Cullen's attendance inside the actual prom.
twilightnewbie wrote:
caszit wrote:Not an inside joke but just somethings I noticed.
The first day in Bio the notebook Edward has is the same notebook on the top of the piano when he is playing for Bella.

And when Edward and Bella are talking in the hallway, and she ask about contacts his eyes are golden, but out in the parking lot after he stops the van and they are they are staring at each other his eyes look black, then at the hospital they are back to golden again.
Caszit, that's a good catch. I noted it in my review posted on another thread. I think it is the filmmakers way of letting us know Edward composed the lullaby, since that fact is not explicitly made anytime in the movie.
Haha, I noticed that too - also, it's strewn in his bedroom, along with other old journals - I suppose a century or so of solitude makes a person introspective!
Also, if you look closely, you can see a framed photo of Edward's "mother" behind him on a shelf ;)
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

DaiiDreams
Settled in Forks
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:41 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by DaiiDreams » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:29 pm

elizabella wrote:
BunnyLvr wrote:In defense of Rob and Edward, I want to say that when British people give the finger they use their index, not their middle one.
Sorry this is not entirely true. There was a time when the British would use their index AND middle finger to make the shape of a v as an alternative to the middle finger.
I'm guessing you don't actually know any British people.
Yeah, we're not THAT different you know.

We do use our middle finger if we want to 'give someone the finger'

We use our index finger to point... maybe you got confused.

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Lorabell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 pm

DaiiDreams wrote:
elizabella wrote:
BunnyLvr wrote:In defense of Rob and Edward, I want to say that when British people give the finger they use their index, not their middle one.
Sorry this is not entirely true. There was a time when the British would use their index AND middle finger to make the shape of a v as an alternative to the middle finger.
I'm guessing you don't actually know any British people.
Yeah, we're not THAT different you know.

We do use our middle finger if we want to 'give someone the finger'

We use our index finger to point... maybe you got confused.
I'm British too - that is so funny, lol, just the index, lol!!!
We use the middle or the middle AND index together - the latter actually comes from when the French would show those to fingers to their enemies at war, to show they still had their bowing fingers (as in bow and arrow) which were often chopped off if they were captured... don't ask me how I know that... and how did we get so off topic?! :lol:
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by ringswraith » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Actually, the story I heard (which was told to me by a good friend of mine- he has a thing for wars) was that the middle finger as a vulgar sign came up during a war between England and France.

The English had longbowmen, while the French had crossbowmen. The English had the advantage of range- they could strike the French before they were in range to use their crossbows. The French managed to capture some of the longbowmen, and while held in a makeshift cell in camp, they noticed that the longbowmen were all missing the middle finger of their arrow hand. (Apparently, they willilngly cut these fingers off to allow them to nock bows faster.)

The French then took to taunting them by displaying their middle fingers as they passed the cell, sort of a "I have one and you don't!" kind of statement.

-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Posts: 12793
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD
Contact:

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by -Jasper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm

^^ That's interesting, I've never heard that story. I don't get how cutting your middle finger off wuld make you faster at nocking bows, but maybe it does.

We use our middle fingers in england, I think you do that in the US too though?
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy

Post Reply