Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AtomicStar
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by AtomicStar »

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. ;) In my opinion, those that I mentioned would be good, solid choices. In addition, while it's true he lost a mate, Marcus isn't described as sad. He's described as bored...uninterested. From page 469-470 of NM it says, "The dark haired man seemed utterly bored, like he'd seen too many millennia of Aro's enthusiasm. The other's face was sour under the snowy hair. Their lack of interest did not curb Aro's enthusiasm." Victoria lost a mate and she's just vicious. Nothing sad about her.

As for Joaquin, my good friend was on Perez Hilton's site and said that the rumor about his retirement is a ruse for a role he's doing. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I still think he'd be good as Caius.

As for Vin Diesel...wasn't his last role opposite a duck in Pacifier? I don't think he'd do much intimidating anymore. :lol:

As I said, just my opinion...can't wait to hear who Summit selects for these roles.
AtomicStar
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AtomicStar »

nafereti wrote:
AtomicStar wrote:I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I came up with several suggestions for actors. What do y'all think?

Aro - Jeremy Sisto would be great for this role! I've seen some of his work where he's able to come across as just this cruelly evil guy. They type who could run over your dog and smile at you as he's doing it.
http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/t ... 757148.jpg

Marcus - Jason Lewis...very handsome and could pull off looking bored I think.
http://www.poppublicist.com/images/2008 ... _lewis.jpg

Caius - maybe Joaquin Phoenix? I just love him and think he could pull off the role of Caius. While he's not so present in New Moon, think about the future if they make BD. Think to the scene where Caius destroys Irina. Pretty mean dude.
http://www.vipwallpaper.com/data/media/ ... ix_001.jpg

I've said for a long time that I thought Dakota Fanning should absolutely play the role of Jane. I think she's a talented young actress who is capable of playing a range of emotions.

Felix - maybe Taye Diggs? I love Taye Diggs and think that he could pull off the friendlier of the two deadly Volturi guards.
http://misterlottabody.files.wordpress. ... ediggs.jpg

Demetri - Ryan Reynolds. He's a ball of hotness. He could look ferocious.
http://bobbystromfitness.com/images/rya ... -blade.jpg

That's all I've got for now...would love to hear what y'all think...
You know what? I love who you picked!! I always pictured the Volutri much much older... but the actors you picked can totally pull of the look.

Oh I love Joaquin Phoenix as Caius. He was totally deranged and creepy in gladiator. He can totally pull off that role.

and I love who you picked for Felix and Demetri. Taye Diggs?? OMG!! Ryan Reynolds...WOW!!

Good job!

Thank you! :D
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

They have Dakota listed on the cast list on IMDB. It says rumored, but still....

I don't think I changed very much between 15 and 18. Girls don't shoot up like boys do at that age. Girls are pretty much full grown at 15. Some of the babyness might disappear a LITTLE, but nothing that makeup can fix. She will be fiiiiine. :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

After seeing the preview for the movie Race to Witch Mountain..I really think I would rather have Annasophia Robb as Jane than Dakota Fanning...One, because I don't like Dakota Fanning..and Two...I think Annasophia Robb is a better actress then Dakota Fanning..
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

G-Faerie08 wrote:After seeing the preview for the movie Race to Witch Mountain..I really think I would rather have Annasophia Robb as Jane than Dakota Fanning...One, because I don't like Dakota Fanning..and Two...I think Annasophia Robb is a better actress then Dakota Fanning..
I think she would be awesome as well! She has a perfect "Jane" face, IMO! But, I am not familiar with her acting. I have Bridge to Terabithia on my Netflix list.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

TopazLove wrote:
G-Faerie08 wrote:After seeing the preview for the movie Race to Witch Mountain..I really think I would rather have Annasophia Robb as Jane than Dakota Fanning...One, because I don't like Dakota Fanning..and Two...I think Annasophia Robb is a better actress then Dakota Fanning..
I think she would be awesome as well! She has a perfect "Jane" face, IMO! But, I am not familiar with her acting. I have Bridge to Terabithia on my Netflix list.
She was also in The Reaping..so we got to see a little bit of a darker element there..So that's why I think she would make a really good Jane..
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Mmm. Ryan Reynolds. Lol. But yeah. He usually goes for the characters who have a few quirks to them. I'm trying to imagine him in New Moon, and all I get is really sarcastic, funny remarks. LOL!

Okay, there was his part in Amityville Horror, but I didn't find him intimidating. The whole movie was laughable. (Except for when he beat the dog. I cried.)
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Eh, I'm not that big a fan of either Annasophia or Dakota but Annasophia would be a LOT better than Dakota. In reality, Dakota's acting sucks eggs. And I'm talking about like 8yr. old eggs that have been in the sun AKA the Sahara Desert :) Annasophia didn't do too bad in Bridge to Terabithia or Because of Winn-Dixie but, those weren't anything like Twilight. That kinda worries me...
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

nafereti wrote:
shortstuff wrote: lol i know right? haha.. imagine he gets to the end of twilight and he;s like.. where the hell was this sam guy??
but i have a feeling he probably knew the diff... its my sister who didnt.. she called it "the next twilight movie". :roll:

to be honest i'm indifferent about solomon as sam.. (he had like 2 lines in twilight.. i dont know why they didnt just make him embry in the movie.. it would have made more sense..) but in any case, he just seems more like a paul or jared.. i think jared, because he has a more easy going demeanor, not as tempermental as paul (or do i have them mixed up..??) but like i said, i;ve never seen him act, so i cant really say...
That's understandable. I know what you mean about Solomon. When I heard it was him, I was like...UMM HIS NOT WHAT I PICTURED!! But I got use to him, and now that's all I see has Sam. LOL. Embry was actually in the movie too. He was the one that didn't hve any lines. Remember the beach scene. It was Jacob, Sam and the other guy...yup that was Embry!!

Or and you got them right. Paul is the hott head one; he's the one that Jacob beat up...LOL

That would be funny. Here's going to be so confused. I don't think Sam's name is even mentioned at all in Twilight. I know he's mention in the bon fire/ beach scene. But I don't think Bella knew his name was Sam.

Well I wish your sister's friend good luck. But just to let you know, I'm still rooting for Solomon. Haha...
sorry i meant he should have been QUIL! (those 2 are like a package deal, i get them mixed up, lol!) but yeah, i think my sister's friend would be more of a Jared than a Sam. But even if he doesnt get the part, it seems they ARE auditioning for Sam's role, which sucks for solomon cuz it means he is being replaced, and thats no fun.. (just look at taylor/jacob!) but maybe he could still stay in as a quileute tribe member or something.. ?
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Nerd wrote:Robert dropped his last project. DX Which is weird because Kristen, Kellan, and Ashley are all doing other projects, but he supposedly feels like he can only do the Twilight franchise right now I dunno.
yeah but i think kristen and kellan's projects have already been filmed.. they are just promoting and stuff now. with robs film, they hadnt started filming yet, and new moon is already in pre-production, so i can see why he wouldnt have time for both..