Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
bellabonany
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #3

Post by bellabonany »

Breaking Dawn Bella, in my opinion, really wasn't meant to be viewed differently until she became a vampire. I do agree that she definitely opens up more and finds her strength in BD. As Jazz Girl and Pieces of Forever have said, she was done fighting for what she wanted, and has now gotten it. She is now able to adjust and just belong where she is, and live in her new family. About her becoming a mother- she practically was a mother to Renee, and she always viewed the parent-child bond flipped. She was already very maternal, so having her own daughter didn't really change much of her besides sharpen her protectiveness over her family, which I believe comes with the forte of belonging to the Cullens. They have a very strong family bond and are very protective of that.

While reading BD I never picked up the "vibe", if you will, that Bella was coldly ignoring the allied vampires diets or Renee. I agree with Jazz in that she decided the bigger problem at hand was her family being destroyed over her daughter, not her allies' dietary habits. It's mentioned in BD that she agrees with Jake about feeling sick about the vampires hunting right outside of the city, and wishing it just weren't the case that they were feeding on humans. In regards to Renee, I think Bella was taking advantage of the gradual distancing between her and her mother that began when she moved to Forks, but not to keep her out of her life, but to protect Renee from Bella's "lethal shadows". Plus, Bella honestly thinks that Renee is plenty busy and satisfied with Phil.
Beau Studley
Settled in Forks

Post by Beau Studley »

Well i have to say that I relate most to Bella and Jake and a bit to Edward so I was glad that Bella was my guide on her experience of becoming a Vampire.

As to regard with Bella and her family, I have to say that Bella made her choice in
Eclipse! She knew that once she became a Vampire that there would have to be some distance between her parents and herself for their protection. She was very worried when Jacob told Charlie that she was still in Forks and that Charlie was coming over to see her. Can you blame her. Bella had just become a new born with all the appetites that entails (even though Bella handled those cravings beautifully) and here Charlie was on his way to see her and that Bella would be seeing her father very shortly as a new born Vampire! Charlie was the first Human she would see besides Jake and Nessie who both don't quite count.
When the Sun goes down
You will find me hanging round
Oh, the Night Life ain't not good Life
But It's my life
Night Life~

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

The negative would be that I miss her human characteristics and find it a little strange how she isn't that bothered by all the human blood drinking vampires that come to Forks to protect Renesmee. Why doesn't she care about the humans they kill? Plus, she is dismisive of Renee and that seems cold hearted and too convienent
I think you misread BD all of the allies except the Romanians were Veggys and when the Volturi came I don't think they worried about it because they couldn't do anything about it. Its starts on chapter 30 about the friends that came to help.
'
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

You're mistaken, diane771. None of the allies were "vegetarian" vampires except Tanya's coven. That's why Edward lent them his cars, so they could hunt far away from Forks. Here's the reference:
Breaking Dawn, p. 567 wrote:"The vampires who are coming to help us are not the same as we are," Edward said. "Tanya's family is the only one besides ours with a reverence for human life, and even they don't think much of werewolves."
Breaking Dawn, p. 607 wrote:Mealtimes were dicey, though. Our company cooperated as best they could. They gave Forks and La Push a wide berth, only hunting out of state; Edward was a gracious host, lending out his cars as needed without so much as a wince. The compromise made me very uncomfortable, though I tried to tell myself that they'd all be hunting somewhere in the world, regardless.

Jacob was even more upset. The werewolves existed to prevent the loss of human life, and here was rampant murder being condoned barely outside the packs' borders.
Last edited by Esme echo on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

No Eleazar and Carman were veggie eaters and I do believe there were a few more. Yes Edward lent them the car, but Bella was not happy with them but new that they feed where they lived and that they would go far away to eat.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Breaking Dawn, p. 567 wrote:"The vampires who are coming to help us are not the same as we are," Edward said. "Tanya's family is the only one besides ours with a reverence for human life, and even they don't think much of werewolves."
The reference here is pretty clear, diane771. Eleazar and Carmen were part of Tanya and Kate's coven; there were NO other "vegetarian" vampires.

Bella and the other "vegetarian" vampires were great examples of how to treat others who pursued a life-style that seems obnoxious. Bella's relationship with the other vampires was based on gratitude for their help and appreciation for their strengths, not on their differences of diet or their philosophy of the relative value of human life.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I have to agree with Esme Echo on this one. She is right, only the Denali coven were veggies (though Garret would be one soon).
It became a serious issue with the wolves and caused all kinds of friction. The others tried to eat so that the Cullens were safe, but they refused to change diets.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Esme echo I find you and Openhome to miss something Eleazar was part of the Volturi not related to Tanya's coven. He first found Carmen then left the Volturi and met Tanya and then changed his diet. Edward explains how gentle he was. Now if you find some other ones that are the Deneli coven that was there ok. But Edward says "
THEY MET TANYA AND HER SISTERS, AND THEY NEVER LOOKED BACK. THEY WERE WELL SUITED FOR THIS LIFESTYLE IF THEY'D NEVER FOUND TANYA, i IMAGINE THEY WOULD HAVE EVENTUALLY DISCOVERED A WAY TO LIVE WITHOUT HUMAN BLOOD ON THEIR OWN"
Page 579
I do believe this is going back and forth for nothing but please don't say I am totally wrong here.
You're mistaken, diane771. None of the allies were "vegetarian" vampires except Tanya's coven. That's why Edward lent them his cars, so they could hunt far away from Forks. Here's the reference:
Have fun everyone tonight that are going to see Eclipse. :D
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Sorry, have to call you on it. Eleazar and Carmen were a part of the Denali clan during the battle in BD. They joined late due to their desire to be human free. See the pre-battle dialogue in Eclipse.

The link to Eleazar's bio is here.

Hope you have a terrific night, Diane!!
iloveshineeKEY
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveshineeKEY »

Yeah, Eleazar, Carmen, Tanya, and Kate were the only other veggie vamps.
What really annoyed me about that bit was, if the Cullens love human life so much, why were they lending out cars so the others could go and eat more people?? Couldn't they have asked them to try and go vegetarian, at least for the short time they were there?