Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Locked
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

Khar's explanation was in a tweet, I think. Or, maybe on the Twilighted thread, after the last chapter when we found out where she was going. I will see if I can find it and post it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Thornton, CO
Contact:

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by SweetKay »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Caryn, I'd be interested to read Khar's explanation of Bella's openness towards Jacob. Is in the Twilighted thread? It did seem odd that she would suddenly speed out of the parking lot and basically head straight towards LaPush, without so much as a phone call-even if it was just to Alice to let her know she was ok. It was like her freedom/behavior took a quantum leap in one afternoon/evening.

I might have to take the leap and start Master of the Universe - should I be prepared for nothing to get done around here for awhile? (again? :lol: )
Sandy - Oh absoutely start Master of the Universe, and yes be prepared for nothing to get done around the house!! But isn't that what our great fanfic is for??? It's a very good story and it looks like it could go on for a while still. Edward has a lot of baggage in his background that Bella is just beginning to uncover. Enjoy!!


EDIT - Caryn - I hope that you can find Khar's explaination on the last chapter of EP. I would be very interested in what her reasoning was. Thanks!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:32 pm
Location: wishing I could immerse myself in fan-fic....

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

SweetKay wrote:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:Caryn, I'd be interested to read Khar's explanation of Bella's openness towards Jacob. Is in the Twilighted thread? It did seem odd that she would suddenly speed out of the parking lot and basically head straight towards LaPush, without so much as a phone call-even if it was just to Alice to let her know she was ok. It was like her freedom/behavior took a quantum leap in one afternoon/evening.

I might have to take the leap and start Master of the Universe - should I be prepared for nothing to get done around here for awhile? (again? :lol: )
Sandy - Oh absoutely start Master of the Universe, and yes be prepared for nothing to get done around the house!! But isn't that what our great fanfic is for??? It's a very good story and it looks like it could go on for a while still. Edward has a lot of baggage in his background that Bella is just beginning to uncover. Enjoy!!


EDIT - Caryn - I hope that you can find Khar's explaination on the last chapter of EP. I would be very interested in what her reasoning was. Thanks!!
Thanks girls! (Why am I not following Khar on Twitter?! :lol: )
I think I have a date with the laptop and MoTU tonight!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by ringswraith »

I don't think I'll be reading Master of the Universe.

Not so much because of the story, but because I don't want to picture Edward in a loincloth, thrusting a sword into the air, yelling "By the power of Grayskull!"

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:32 pm
Location: wishing I could immerse myself in fan-fic....

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

ringswraith wrote:I don't think I'll be reading Master of the Universe.

Not so much because of the story, but because I don't want to picture Edward in a loincloth, thrusting a sword into the air, yelling "By the power of Grayskull!"
Omg-rings!! I'm laughing so hard because when I went to search for story, the initial search brought up so many "He-Man" stories, I was just shaking my head thinking 'what the hell...?' :o

btw CW&IA CH 39 TEASER UP ON HH'S BLOG
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

OK. I found it, sort of. On Twilighted, LR51 made the following comment:
"I have only read the chapter once but I am surprised at the extent of the Bella bashing. We know more than Bella. Bella has just lost her mother. Although she seems to have found a sense of peace with it there still has to be a residual of grief still there. The very next day she finds the diary and discovers she was the reason Liz lost her life and Edward was almost killed. Which in turn devastated Edward, Jasper, Emmett, and Carlisle. She is feeling tremendous guilt for ALL of them. She doesn't think Edward knows so how does she tell him without fear of what may happen. Edward is volatile and sometimes irrational. He definitely overreacts.
Bella knows him so well. If she runs through her mind all the possible outcomes of Edward finding out, the worse case scenario is that Edward would not be able to accept it and not want her anymore. We know this is not true but Bella does not. She is after all a seventeen year old girl!
Bella is looking at this I think as the possible if not probable outcome. That Edward may not want to be with her anymore if he found out. She is very afraid. Edward is her world.
When Bella arrived at the football game she avoided Jacob until she had to pass Edward's groupies. She was smart to accept his help to get by them. After the game Jacob came to her, told the joke, she laughed. Edward went crazy, totally off the wall, irrational. Bella did nothing wrong. She attended the game Edward asked her to attend and all hell breaks loose.
Edward's words were again irrational towards Bella. I am surprised Bella reacted and slapped him although he deserved it. Edward was pretty much telling Bella how hard it was for him since his mother was killed because of her. Her guilt has been of her own doing so far, now it was confirmed by Edward. Naturally she has to get out of there and has her own wheels.
I loved Bella speeding out of the parking lot and almost hitting another car. That shows her frame of mind and body. I don't even know the words to describe it. Hurt, fear, guilt, anxious, blank, blind, regret, nausea, her world has been turned upside down again by the one person that was her anchor.
She drives to get away from all of that. Edward brought all of this down on her in that moment and she needed to get away from him. She may feel this is the beginning of the end for them. She cannot deal with it. She does not want to deal with it if it means she loses Edward. So she goes to the one place Edward cannot follow her to--LaPush. It was not her intent when she left the game but as an afterthought.
Bella's state of mind is not one of reason right now just like Edward's state of mind was not when he went at Jacob. Edward was set off by the mere sight of Jacob and Bella. Bella was set off by Edward's very harsh and very hurtful words. This is her worst nightmare coming right at her.
Bella going to LaPush was the only way to not deal with Edward yet. That was her reason to get away from him. Jacob is the only person she has a number for that lives in LaPush. Bella needs someone right now. Bella is free and legal. I'll bet she reveals that to Jacob and that will probably change Jacob's attitude towards Edward.
When Bella decided to go to LaPush to avoid Edward it only made sense for her to contact Jacob. Edward thinking Jacob could take Bella away from him is about as crazy as Bella thinking Edward won't want her anymore. These are the actions and mindsets of a 17 yr old and an 18 yr old. It all played out as could be expected. Khar writes her characters true to form!!!!

Khar responded on Twitter: "OMG If I could, I would kiss you right now. That is exactly what I was trying to convey with their frame of minds. You hit it perfectly."

But, again, I can't say I agree. like I said. Bella was a slave girl who had had beaten into her for 16 years that you never trust anyone, particularly men. For her to just all of a sudden trust Jacob so openly and completely didn't make any sense and, imo, went completely against the character we've known for 65 chapters.I'm not saying characters never do the unpredictable, but this was just...too out there for me. And, yeah, if you couldn't tell, I think LR51 is kind of full of it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Posts: 1924
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by missp »

RINGS~~ :lol: As usual, you totally crack me up! I have to agree, however. I won't be reading Master of the Universe.

BUT.... :shock: :? :roll: I will now be reading UofEM thanks to the BLANKETY BLANK mention of a tiny purple towel and ProfessorWard! AND...EP because I just can't stand not being able to join in on the discussion!
Thanks a million you bunch of BLANKETY BLANK fanfic-a-holics! :lol:

Now, I'm off to check out HH's blog! *SQUEE!*

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 am
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by older_twilight_fan »

I see very little sleep in my upcoming future...thanks to you guys. :D I finally started reading Emancipation Proclamation tonight! I had to make myself stop reading after Chapter 7 as we've got an early day tomorrow with school and work. I hope to come close to catching up to some of you in my reading with the weekend almost here.

It's still pretty early in the story and Edward seems like an arrogant jerk, but I'm looking forward to finding out where Esme is and how that may relate to why Edward is the way he is. It's also a little strange to imagine our beloved Carlise involved in the weapons and drug trade and assasinations and other mob activities, but that's precisely why I often enjoy reading "alternate universe" stories just as much as canon stories. I'm very intrigued to see where this story is going to go. ;)
Image
Banner by TammyAZ

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:32 pm
Location: wishing I could immerse myself in fan-fic....

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by twilightsagaaddict »


EP Discuusion/Spoilers ~
Caryn ~ thanks for finding the entry and Khar's response! Even with the incredible strides Bella made in her independence, it's still somewhat questionable that she'd go to Jacob, especially Jacob...but maybe the result of this will be Edward and Jacob at least coming to an understanding, and will be a united front against the Borgata when they realize the secret....

Tracy ~ Welcome to EP! I do have to admit, it took me a couple chapters to be able to swallow the story--the subject matter at the beginning was somewhat disturbing to me. But I'm glad I stuck with it--its an incredible story!

Started Master of the Universe last night--got to Ch 7. So far its a good story, not as immediately gripping as EP or WA was, but I'm enjoying it so far! :D

missp ~ enjoy UofEM!! There is such a dichotomy within Edward! Have fun!

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I see very little sleep in my upcoming future...thanks to you guys. :D I finally started reading Emancipation Proclamation tonight! I had to make myself stop reading after Chapter 7 as we've got an early day tomorrow with school and work. I hope to come close to catching up to some of you in my reading with the weekend almost here.

It's still pretty early in the story and Edward seems like an arrogant jerk, but I'm looking forward to finding out where Esme is and how that may relate to why Edward is the way he is. It's also a little strange to imagine our beloved Carlise involved in the weapons and drug trade and assasinations and other mob activities, but that's precisely why I often enjoy reading "alternate universe" stories just as much as canon stories. I'm very intrigued to see where this story is going to go. ;)

Tracy~ Be prepared to for some curveballs. It's definitely an AU fanfic. Just as an example... ~~possible spoiler~~ Elizabeth is Edward's mother and Esme is Carlisle's sister. That's actually one of the great things about this story. You can see so much of our beloved characters in them, but there are also a few things that make you go... :o :shock: . For me, the best part of the story is watching Edward's evolution from that arrogant jerk into such a sweet sweet man, though still very much with that MobWard edge. Welcome, and feel free to vent or gossip all you want about it. Believe me, you will need friends at certain points *coughPunishmentcough*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

Locked